cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing News

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have created a XML Form for publishing our company news. We have news for different regions, like Europe, Asia, Australia, North America, ...

The news for every region are stored in different folders and displayed on different pages. Now we want one page "Global News" which contains the most recently updated news from all regions.

How can we display these news which are stored in different folders on one page? Can anyone please tell me which steps I have to do?

Regards

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot get all the news which are in differnt folders into a single KM navigation iview.

But you can do it manually by using internal link into a new folder as global news and assign this folder to your KM NAvigation iview.

If you want to done that automatically then use taxonmies whihch will classify your documents.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

do we need TREX for using taxonomies?

And which steps are necessary to use taxonomies?

Regards

Philipp

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If you can have TREX in your Portal Landscape and the search is working fine, this can be easily done using

either a search iview or KM navigation iview with taxonomies.

Do you have TREX?

And is the TREX able to search and display documents to end users?

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

no we don´t have TREX and I am searching for a possibility without TREX.

Regards

Philipp

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then we need to simulate the action of Taxonomy and classification.

A KM repository service or a KM Scheduler needs to be deployed which will create links in the

Global News folder from all the other folders.

Repository Service

A KM Rep Service which will listen to the create resource event on the predefined folders and will

create short cut links to those created resources in the Global News folder

KM Scheduler

Almost the same as Rep Service, only difference being we need to schedule the actions like every end of day or every 1 hour like that.

Both of the approach needs a KM Navigation iView to display the news.

The sorting based on date can be given at the Layout settings

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

thanks for this help.

I think that I will use the Repository Service. Can you explain me how I have to create this Repository Service?

Regards

Philipp

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This [Article|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30143cc1-d176-2a10-55a3-ea498211e424] will get you started,

I will try to get some code also here for you later

Regards

BP

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ofcourse without TREX you cannot work on taxonmoies.

Publish all your news in a global news and in your xml template use some properties like region to distinguish. then use taxonmies and classify the news based upon the region.

THen for each region you will get differnt folder automatically in root->taxonimies->yout taxonomy

USe that path in you KM navigational iviews for each region.

Hope that helps you.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

thanks for this article. Because I don´t have experiences in developing portal services it is very great if you can post the code here later.

Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need follow the next steps.

- Create a metadata property used for your classification ("Language" i suppose). Configurate it with the default allow values and insert a Combo in your XML Form from this property.

- Create a index for the KM Folder that you stored the xml files with the service Search and Classification (system administration > System Configuration > K.M. > Index Administration

- After create the index go to edit it and define one taxonomy for each language that you have defined. And configurate it how Query-Based and Automatic Classification.

- Go to Content Management > Classification > Taxonomies > Taxonomies Query Builder and make a query/filter for each taxonomy using the property metadadta you has created.

- Now if you do all good when you create a document in the KM folder of the index automatically was be stored too in the taxonomy configured for the language selected in XML Form.

With all configured at this form you only need to make a iview for each language using the correct taxonomy folder and one iview for all content using the km folder you stored the documents.

I hope you understand all and get it.

PD: Sorry for my english

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

thanks for this reply but we don´t have TREX and so we can not use these steps.

Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry... i dont read all replys,

i only see the three options:

- Install and configurate TREX

- With the service how say BP

- Build the global iview with a JSPDynPage component that list the resources and subfolders resources of a folder using the KM API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

the solution number 1 is not possible. At the moment I am trying to create the service. But I don´t know which code I have to implement.

Can you help me with this code or give me more informartion to the third possibility?

Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

the third option is as difficult as the second: do you need to create a own development ..

For the second option do you need to read and investigate about the document that BP puts in his message. Is not very difficult, but do you need to investigate and learn.

For the third option is similar... do you need to create a JSPDynPage or WebDynPro component with Sap NetWeaver Developer and use the KM libs to develope the methods that you will need to get the iresource list. For more info do you can see the javadoc for km: http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/km/index.html

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

After some time,

Check this [Blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12061]

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

thanks for this blog.

I am trying to implement your code in my repository service. After I have imported some packages I reduced the reported errors.

But the object logger does not exist. Can you please explain me where and how I have to create this object?

Kind Regards

Philipp

Edited by: Philipp Mink on May 26, 2009 9:28 AM

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

You can use this [Site|http://www.sapjarfinder.com/] for finding the jar files and its location from your server.

For logger you need to use this import

import com.sap.tc.logging.Location;

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

I imported this package but I get still the Java error in NWDS "logger cannot be resolved".

I think there is missing the definition of the object logger. Can you tell me what I have to add to my code that it works without errors?

Thanks!

Regards

Philipp

Answers (0)