sdb_i.ctlUser = sapdb_get_db_user("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host);

sdb_i.ctlUserPasswd = sapdb_get_db_user_passwd("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host);

var actorObj = new SdbExtActor();

actorObj.setSdbInstance(sdb_i);

actorObj.setDbmCmd("DB_CREATE");

actorObj.setExecutable(sapdb_dbmcli_path());

actorObj.setDbRoot(dep_root);

var rv = actorObj.sessionExecute();

ASSERT(arguments.callee, rv == "OK", " SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE");

var creation_ok = false;

var i_size = actorObj.outSize();

for (var i = 0; i < i_size; i++) {

var s_line = actorObj.getOutputLine(i);

if (/OK/.test(s_line)) {

creation_ok = true;

}

}

ASSERT(arguments.callee, creation_ok, "SDB: ERROR WHILE DB INSTANCE CREATION! CHECK THE XCMDOUT.LOG FILE! ");

}

SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE

Exit status of child: 1

Has anyone installed past this point? Come across this error message?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ml

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had simular problems prior to checking the ports on my laptop. Then I detected that the protal was running on port 50200 and not port 50000 as mentioned on the download information page.

If you need to download a tool to check the ports and the programms which are running on those ports try: http://www.ntutility.com and install active ports thats freeware.

At least after changing ports in the link I could successfully enter the portal

Hope this helps

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I am still waiting for the new compilation containing VC7.0. I am going to prepare a showcase for a customer and would like to do it with this installation. Also I have problems with my portal because its running on port 50200. This seems to be due to a prior istallation of the full ABAP version. So I guess its not possible to install those WAS both on the same partition?

If you have any time schedule please let me know.

Thanks

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I exchanged Maxdb with 7.5 patch32 and now it should work on all windows platforms. Part 3 is devstudio. PW is abcd1234.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

so VC will be included in the coming sneak preview? That means you will not have to install it seperatedly? This sounds fine, when do you guess it will be available for download?

Then i guess i have to undergo the whole installation procedure again?

But anyway it would be worth the effort.

Thanks

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes. it s a fresh install (even the database is 7.6 then.) The VC in 04s is technicall different from the old one - its based on Wed BDynpro and Flex and its preinstalled and configured.

Unfortenately I dont knwo when our ftp server problem will be fixed. I hope end of the week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, now I could also log on to the portal but using port 50200, not 50000 as mentioned in the installation description.

Does anyone know wether the Visual Composer is also included in this package, I mean the 7.0 version?

How can I install the 7.0 version?

Do I need a MS SQL Server also when using the VC 7.0?

Thanks

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

VC comes with 700 version (Preview 2004s)

it is already finsihed, but not available. we have currently a FTP Server problem - Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver / Roland -

I've installed the new download but am still having problems getting into portal. The install was successful, at least to the point that I reach a "Congratulations!!!" page at the end of the process with no errors.

Unfortunately, I keep trying to access the portal using http://localhost:50000/irj/portal and reach a page stating "The application has stopped."

Checking the SAP Manager Console, everything is running. Any thoughts?

Michael Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUCCESS!!!!

After some 4 weeks. I've succssfully installed NW04 SP16.

Thank you all for your help and please if there are any questions, someone please don't hesitate to contact me.

Michael Lee

leem888@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I used the procedure which was recommended by villalain and could successively install now the J2EE server and the full ABAP Edition on one system.

I used the following procedure:

1. under <your_inst_directory>/smoke\NWSneakPreviewSP16\RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386 I deleted the original files except the setup folder.

2. I downloaded maxdb-all-win-32bit-i386-7_5_00_34 database and unziped its content under ..RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386

3. Launched the NW04 SP16 installation sucessfuly on Windows XP Professional with a already installed full ABAP edition (this time using a java sdk 1.4.0.8).

With 2 GByte installed RAM I could even start both systems simultaneously.

4. To avoid the automatic start of the J2EE system I recommend to comment out the line : "#Autostart = 1" in the file: C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\START_JC02_evalaude and START_SCS01_evalaude with the # sign.

But until now I could not log on to the portal. Does anyone have comments on it?

I want to install Visual Composer.

Is there anybody who installed that already and encountered problems or has comments on it?

thanks

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've tried the above method and it works and is easy. Now it goes to step 10. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the steps above but encountered the following error "..\smoke\NWSneakPreviewSP16\RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386\SDINST.exe Check the Path!".

Do I need to edit any installation file(s) or folder name after I unzip maxdb-all-win-32bit-i386-7_5_00_34 to RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386?

BR,

Phong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the SDINST.exe file is not included in the war file you downloaded. Check it or download it again.

Regards,

villalain

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SDINST.exe file is included. Any other suggestions?

BR,

Phong

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

FYI:

executable should be called 'SD<b>B</b>INST.exe', not SDINST.exe.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is what i've done to execute correctly the SP16 Java Full Edition installation.

1. Unzip the 3 NW04SP16 installation files

2. under <your_inst_directory>/smoke\NWSneakPreviewSP16\RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386 i deleted the original files except the setup folder.

3. I downloaded maxdb-all-win-32bit-i386-7_5_00_34 database and unziped its content under ..RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT\NT\I386

4. Launched the NW04 SP16 installation sucessfuly on Windows XP Professional. Right now checking it on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and everything seems ok (passed step 6 without any problem, now on step 10).

Before starting this installation proccess ensure there is no maxdb database installed previously (i removed it before installing it again through the NW04sp16).

Hope it helps all of you having problems.

Regards,

villalain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Villalain,

This is indeed exactly what I have done (see previous posts). Everything works fine.

This morning I upgraded the J2E instance to MaxDB 7.6.00.16. Everything still works fine, so eventually I've got everything as supposed to initially...

Henk.

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

another reason for this bug in SP16 is maybe, that I exchanged the MAXDB with a 7.6 version. For some reasons this leads in some constellations to an SAPInst exit in Step 6. I did nt find out so far why. I did not get the error here.

You may try the following: Download MaxDB 7.5.33 or higher and replace the MAXDB software in the Sneak Preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I download the 7.5.33 install?

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/maxdb/7.5.00.html

for those who didnt suceed in installing 7.6 version, I will provide a 7.5 version. This one should work on any environment.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

<b>Can anyone of you guys show me which files exist in your <drive>:\sapdb\data\wrk\<SID> directory? </b>

Thx,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Email on its way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> <b>Can anyone of you guys show me which files exist

> in your <drive>:\sapdb\data\wrk\<SID> directory?

> </b>

>

> Thx,

> Roland

Im trying now the installation with MaxDB 7.5 and there is no problem at step 6. The installation is still working and I hope no other problem will come....

The files in my directory are:

dbm.cfg

dbm.ins

dbm.knl

dbm.prt

dbm.upc

dbm.utl

knldiag

knldiag.err

knltrace

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

thx for the info.

I only need the information about the contents of <drive>:\sapdb\data\wrk\<SID> if the problem occurrs.

Thx & regards,

Roland

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

which version of 7.5 exactly?

patch 34?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Can you tell me what you exactly replaced by what? When I use the 7.5 installation software (I replaced the I386 directory in the SP software directory), I get the following error:

<i>unresolved dependency - package Database Connectivity >= 7.6.00.15 not found

installation exited abnormally</i>

It's obvious I'm missing something here. After trying for a week to get this thing going (which seems absolutely impossible with the delivered RDBMS software) I really want this to work!

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the solutions from this thread:

and deleted all files in the MaxDB installation folder ( \NWSneakPreviewSP16\RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT) .

Then I copied the MaxDB-7.5-installation files from an older SP16 Version into it.

DataBase Manager is 7.5.00.18

Because we had before some problems with deinstalling the 7.6-MaxDB-Version we installed the 7.5-MaxDB from command line (option "all"). In the SP16-Installation then you can choose to use the installed MaxDB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai,

I used MaxDB 7.5.00.34, but it works like a charm. Thanks!

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

When the error occurs, there is no directory for the SID J2E created.

Regards

Markus

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

I have same problem and am trying to install MaxDB 7.5.00.34 downloaded from

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/maxdb/current/7.5.00/maxdb-all-win-32bit-i386-7_5_00_34.zip

unzipped assumed that I should run SDBINST.exe

I enter 11 none for existing profiles then I get the message

'installation aborted at We, Apr 19, 2006 at 15:15:11'

Is this the correct file for the MaxDB install. Are there any instructions for the install?

Now got the instGuide from service market place...

Thanks

J

Message was edited by: jambo

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To all:

<b>

The relevant people are working on a solution. As soon as we have it, either they, or myself, will present it here.

</b>

Regards,

Roland

Message was edited by: Roland Mallmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ensure that the solution is compatible with a machine already installed with NW2004S ABAP Full Edition.

I successully installed the ABAP Full Edition and attempted to install the Java Full Edition next but encountered the notorious "Step 6" error.

BTW, is there a ETA for the fix???

BR,

Phong Hoang

Message was edited by: Phong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

back from easter holiday I noticed that this seems to be a major issue and I am not alone. I installed the sneak preview in the meantime from dvd what I got sent from SAP PRESS as an addon to a book. This was with SP9 and without the portal but all the rest seems identical. And this installation was succesful on the same machine with the same configuration. I always restored the basic image which consistet of winxp, office 2003, some minor programs as nero, and the windows edition of the sapgui 640 with the latest patch (17). It also worked in combination with the full ABAP sneak preview what I downloaded from SDN and installed prior to the Java Edition without any difficulties.

It seems to be a problem of the install script, which surfaces under certain circumstances.

OK, hope somebody will work this out. Would be great to have the portal on my laptop.

Thanks and good luck

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got exactly the same error when trying the installation file posted in Apri 11, 2006, both SLIM and Full Java edition. I tried on Windows XP Professional and Windows 2003. With SLIM edition, it hangs in step 5 (The same as step 6 of Full Java Edition). With Full Java edition, I got the error complains that it's not able to create MaxDB instance. Thanks!

tql
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi all - I just encountered the same error as well from the install of SDN download. Any update / info is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Toan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also met the same issue when installing the Netweaver Java version in step 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problems.

The XCMDOUT.LOG:

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060418115121

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n dsrv11 inst_enum

Execute Session Command : exit

> Subprocess stops at 20060418115121

OK

7.6.00.15 c:\sapdb\j2e\db

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060418115124

> Subprocess stops at 20060418115125

OK

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060418115342

> Subprocess stops at 20060418115342

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error also, using W3K and JDK 1.4.2_09.

Here is the contents of the file XCMDOUT.LOG located on

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060421112342

Execute Command : d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n LD0301W09 inst_enum

> Subprocess stops at 20060421112342

OK

7.6.00.15 d:\sapdb\j2e\db

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060421112349

> Subprocess stops at 20060421112350

OK

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060421112503

> Subprocess stops at 20060421112504

OK

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

use the newest SAP MaxDB 7.5 (not the one from mySQL)

I ll provide un updtaed version at Monday 24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the dump at

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/MaxDB/

Also refer following thread for additional reference

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested now with a clean machine, Java version 1.4.2_09 and a correct installed MS Loopback Adaptor. But I got the same error again:

ERROR 2006-04-15 11:13:29

MDB-07001 No action defined for actor.

ERROR 2006-04-15 11:13:29

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in function sapdb_db_create(db_nm, db_host, db_ver) { var dep_root = sapdb_inst_root(db_nm); var sdb_i = new sdbInstance(); sdb_i.dbName = db_nm; sdb_i.dbHost = db_host; sdb_i.dbVer = db_ver[0] + "." + db_ver[1]; sdb_i.ctlUser = sapdb_get_db_user("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host); sdb_i.ctlUserPasswd = sapdb_get_db_user_passwd("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host); var actorObj = new SdbExtActor(); actorObj.setSdbInstance(sdb_i); actorObj.setDbmCmd("DB_CREATE"); actorObj.setExecutable(sapdb_dbmcli_path()); actorObj.setDbRoot(dep_root); var rv = actorObj.sessionExecute(); ASSERT(arguments.callee, rv == "OK", " SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE"); var creation_ok = false; var i_size = actorObj.outSize(); for (var i = 0; i < i_size; i++) { var s_line = actorObj.getOutputLine(i); if (/OK/.test(s_line)) { creation_ok = true; } } ASSERT(arguments.callee, creation_ok, "SDB: ERROR WHILE DB INSTANCE CREATION! CHECK THE XCMDOUT.LOG FILE! ");} SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE

What is probably more inportant, there where other errors before that step:

ERROR 2006-04-15 11:09:31

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (255), with parameter (SAPOsCol).

ERROR 2006-04-15 11:10:01

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (255), with parameter (SAPJ2E_01).

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (255), with parameter (SAPJ2E_01).

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (255), with parameter (SAPJ2E_00).

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (255), with parameter (SAPJ2E_00).

and warnings:

WARNING[E] 2006-04-15 11:02:48

Error converting from service name=sapmsJ2E/protocol=tcp to port number. SAPRETURN=12

WARNING 2006-04-15 11:10:18

While copying files to 'C:\usr\sap\J2E\SCS01\exe': source file 'C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\run/icudt26.dll' not found.

WARNING 2006-04-15 11:10:24

Cannot set the owner of C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/services.SAPtmp to S-1-5-32-544 because the latter is neither the current user nor the Administrators group. I will set the Administrators group as owner.

WARNING 2006-04-15 11:12:12

Execution of the command "C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/igs/bin/igswd.exe 'C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\igs' '-c' '-tracelevel=1' '-mux=evalaude,40000' '-listenerhttp=40080' '-portwatcher=40001' '-portwatcher=40002'" finished with return code 1. Output:

Especially the warning that a file was not found is alarming, probably the archiv was incomplete?

Anyway if anyone could offer advice I would be very grateful.

If it might be necessary to install MAXDB prior to the installation of the Netweaver, please give the the link to download the correct version and some hints how to install

Thanks

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Petra,

you should propably use Java version 1.4.2_08.

Happy Easter. Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I tried to use the JDK 08, 09 also. It seems to have nothing to do with the version. I guess there is still a bug in the installer. I tried to reinstall MAXDB also. In vain. There are a lot of warnings prior to this DB error what means that its only the last error in a chain. Its very time consuming always to reinstall the backup of the operating system on the laptop, I think I will stop trying now and start my eastern.

Thanks

Happy easter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver -

I noticed on another post, you were going to burn this version onto DVD. I wouldn't recommend it.

As Petra did, I also tried JDK 08, 09 and reinstalled maxdb manually. I even tried completely wiping my computer and starting with a fresh install on XP professional service pack 2.

I keep having the same DB issue listed above. Anyone from SAP have additional suggestions?

Michael Lee

leem888@gmail.com

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

any errors in the XCMDOUT.LOG file? If yes, please post the last 20 or so lines from it into this thread.

Additionally, please take a look into the rundirectory of the db instance, normally /sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>. There should be a file named knldiag. There should be some error information regarding the installation problem in that file aswell. Please copy the relevant error information into this thread too.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the last view lines that are repeated.

> Subprocess starts at 20060415214934

Execute Command : d:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n motusGroup inst_enum

> Subprocess stops at 20060415214934

OK

And as far as the knldiag file, there was none.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

can you maybe email me the complete XCMDOUT.LOG? Please compress it.

Can you show me which files exist in your <drive>:\sapdb\data\wrk\<SID> directory?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

roland -

no email on your online business card. Email me at mrlee@deloitte.com and I will forward the information you are requesting.

Michael Lee

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Michael,

I just sent you an email with my emailaddress.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same error, but I previously installed the NW04 ABAP edition on the same machine. This is running. Probably this is the cause. I will try a installation on a clean system right now but I guess it should work.

What about the MS Loopback Adaptor. This needs to be installed and I installed it, gave the fixed IP 169.253.254.01 with sunnet mask 255.255.0.0 and added the line also in the hosts file.

Anyway it looks like that there must not be another SAPDB installation on the same system. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Dieter

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes. It is not possible to run 2 SAPDB installation on one machine - however it is possible to run 2 different instances like J2E and NSP.

BR, Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

ml

just received the same error, so at least its a common problem, even if noone seems to know the resolution yet?

Best regards

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David. That confirmation helps. I'm going to try the install on a clean machine, so I'll keep you posted.

My initial install was on my work laptop and with all the junk they put on the machine, I'm quite sure there is something that is affecting the install. I'll report back once I find something.

ml

leem888@gmail.com

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

strange error.

try the following: Deinstall MaxDB and make fresh install (this is the tested procedure). If this doesnt help ypu may install maxdb from dwonload (NOT from MySQL site, this one is a little different), upgrade to 7.6 and install then NW05SP16 Sneak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver -

I'm assuming you want me to install what was downloaded from the SDN site, correct? What is the correct path in this folder [RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT] to start the install process?

Michael Lee

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No - just deinstall MaxDb and start SAPInst. SAPInst should install MAXDb then and it should run through the installation without problems.

Furtehr possible reasons can be: clean the registry from "old" J2E entries. If you have only 1 GB RAM find out if you run out of memory. The DB doenst come up after installation of the DB (very common) and the Installer then aborts. Strat manually then.