cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How checkbox "Item Partners" at Tab:Item->partners been activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I've a problem informed by user. She told me that she would like to change Ship-to Party from A to B. So she has changed Ship-to Party from A to B at header of sales order. The Ship-to Party at header has been changed from A to B but not applied to item. The Ship-to Party at item level still has been A.

I've checked the log of changes in sales order. She has changed only Ship-to Party at header. It should be applied to item as well, right? The configuration doesn't support changing partner functions at item level.

I've investigated the order and found that there is tick in checkbox "Item Partners" at partner function "Ship-to Party" in item level. I think it should be the cause of this problem. But I've no idea how checkbox "Item Partners" at Tab:Item->partners been ticked. Could anyone can explain me how it works and how I can solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checkbox at item level Partners only comes when Ship to Party is being changed at item level. & since it has been changed at item level, header ship to party cannot be copied to sales order line item, please re-check your configuration.

Is it a sales order or any debit / credit memo request / any other follow on document?

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for you information. I've test changing partner at item level in sales order. The tab is in grey and uneditable. Is there any cause of this problem?

PS. There is no follow-on document for that item. The user has rejected that item and create new item instead.

Regards,

Bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could be item partner is configured to be not changeable -- take a look at item partner procedures in trans VOPA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help, Jac. But my main question is why the checkbox "Item partners" in item level has been activated even I cannot change ship-to party in item level due to the configuration doesn't support.

Is there any cause?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the ship-to-party at the item level also.It needs some configuration.

The path is:

SPRO>Sales and distribution>Basic functions>Parner determination>Setup partner determination.

In this click on "Setup partner determination for sales document item".

Click on partner determination procedure assignment.

Check what is the procedure assigned to your item category.

Click on Partner Determination procedures.Select your procedure and click on Partner functions in the procedure.

You will find ship-to-party there.Select that one and scroll right.There is a checkbox called as notmodifiable.It should be unchecked.If you want it to be mandatory then click on the checkbox mandatory.

Next click on partner functions.Select "SH" and scroll right.You will find a field called unique.Tick it if you want it to be unique.else untick it.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hiiii

thank you krishna...u have given nice explanation.

as u check box of not modifiable box in configuration of parter function, system does not allow you to change that partner function. partner function is grayed in sales order. remove the check box in configuration settings of partner determination.

regards,

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank u all for information. But I didn't ask you all about how to configure the system to allow changing partner function in item level at sales order. I know how to configure it. My question is about how checkbox "item partners" in item level at sales order has been checked even the configuration of my system doesn't support changing partner function at item level?

PS. Actually I've assigned partner determination procedure only at sales document header, not for sales document item, leave it blank. I've tested creating sales order and tried to change partner function at item level. It cannot be changed. The tab is in grey. That is from the requirement that the item level has to be uneditable. But I've no idea how my user can enter different ship-to party at header and item level. Someone told me that if you change partner function at item level once, the checkbox "item partners" will be checked and system will not change ship-to party at item level follow the header level anymore.

Maybe my statement is confusing you. Sorry about that.

Answers (0)