Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding BEFORE METHODS

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Friends,

Does anybody can explain to me how does a BEFORE/AFTER/SECONDARY METHOD works ?

Why it don't has any binding ?

Can I send the WI_ID to the method ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Before Method</b>

A synchronous function that is executed before the task's method and on the same screen, within the execution of a dialog work item or background work item.

The method can be any object method in the Business Object Repository. It does not have to refer to the same object as the task's method and it must not create this object.

If the work item is executed several times the before method is also executed several times.

<b>After Method</b>

A synchronous function that is executed after the task's method and on the same screen, within the execution of a dialog work item or background work item.

The method can be any object method in the Business Object Repository. It does not have to refer to the same object as the task's method. If the work item is executed several times if the terminating event has not occurred, the after method is also executed several times.

<b>Secondary Method</b>

A transaction that is executed in addition to the main method in the execution of a dialog work item or a background work item.

A secondary method is connected to the leading method of the step, typically to display additional information. It can be any object method defined in the Business Object Repository.

If the work item is executed several times (for example, the terminating event has not occurred), the secondary method is also executed several times.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

If the answers have clarified your information, Pls. close the thread.

Regds,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

To explain in simple terms, as the name indicates, using these before / after methods, you can do additional processing at the time of execution of current work item.

Let me know if you need any other details.

Regds,

Akshay