cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To interact with R3 Whether function module is best or BAPI is best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt. To interact with R3 Whether function module is best or BAPI is best. Can any one guide me in that.

Regards,

H.V.Swathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

one thing when you are integrating backend applications to webdynpro , you cannot

integrate the Functional Modules , they have to remote enable and made RFM's , you cannot directly

call the functional modules . and about abap knowledge , it doesnot require for the

WDJ consultant to have ABAP programming stuff , but it would be good if you have programming knowledge

which can help you in basic debugging the application in the absence of your abap developer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

It is always advisable to look for a BAPI, if available for the required functionality.

If I find a BAPI for my business requirement, then I would use it.

Or If I dont find any existing BAPI matching my requirement, I would write a function module.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Biroj Patro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it necessary to a web dynpro java consultent to know how to create function module and related things.

Regards,

H.V.Swathi

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

I dont think a WebDynpro for Java consultant should know the entire process of creating a Function Module in R/3, instead be aware of import, Export and Table parameters. That should be more than enough.

Regards,

Poojith M V

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Actually you dont need to know the ABAP development. But its always handy when you have some basic ABAP developemt/ ABAP Workbench/ ABAP Objects knowledge.

I would suggest,

1. Understand the concepts in BAPI and RFCs/Function Modules.

2. Undestand the Export, Import and Tables Params involved in your BAPI/Function Module.

3. Its even better when you know the debugging in BAPIs/RFCs.

This knowledge would suffice to start with.

Points for valuable answers will be appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Biroj Patro.