cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS does not open Webdynpro Component's Data Modeler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All of a sudden my kindly Tool does not open any of the Component's Data Modeler for Mapping attributes. It happened all of a sudden. I cleaned everything and reinstalled from a proper software.

If any one has a solution kindly let me know or if you can direct me to appropriate forum or Weblog to recover it will be a great help.

-Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

This posts has been opened a while ago. But do you remember what exactly was the solution to this problem? I am having trouble opening the data modeler and it is showing no error.

Did you create a new workspace?

Somebody suggested "add parameter -data <workspace_folder> to the shortcut for starting NWDS."

Can you explain what it means?

Can you please let me know what you have done to solve this problem?

Thanks

Sujata Kolla

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sujata,

for this problem , you can delete .metadata of your nwds , you can find this at location which is specified at windows->preference->workbench->work space -> default workspace -> here you have a folder path . for example d:\sap

in d:\sap you will find .metadata , close your nwds, and then in this folder , cut the .metadata folder and keep it on desktop, and also take a back up of your dcs etc......

Regards

Govardan Raj S

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The new perspective trick worked for me when NDS decided it couldn't be bothered to open the data modeler.

Thanks Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What happens when you try to open it? Does it give you any error?

Regards,

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattiaas,

It tries to open the Data Modeler but really nothing comes up. I was able to use it till yesterday noon and then suddenly its not opening. Also the help button is also not working.

-Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Window -> Show View -> Other...

"PDE Runtime -> Error Log"

Do you see any exceptions there?

You might also try with a new workspace, add parameter -data <workspace_folder> to the shortcut for starting NWDS.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

thanks a lot my friend. I am now able to open data modeler.

Thanks again,

Shekhar

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank's also from My side to Armin..................:-)))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem actually. But I didnot understand what u actually mean by

-data <workspace_folder> to the shortcut for starting NWDS

Can you please give me a solution?

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shekher...

May be following link will helpful to u...U see some basic tutorial in this link that will help u abt webDynPro.....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro?rid=/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-d...

Also I m Giving U some Basic IDEA abt Data-Modular.

Data Modeler

Features

The Data Modeler is a graphical tool and part of the range of Web Dynpro tools. Using the Data Modeler provides you with efficient support for a number of central development tasks.

· Creating a View

· Controller definition

· Declaring a Model to the Component

· Nesting Components

· Creating a Data Link

· Working with View Templates

· Working with the Service Controller

The perspective area that displays the Data Modeler is the Diagram View. The entities of a Web Dynpro application are created using graphical means. A selection list of Data Modeler actions is available from which you select the relevant entity and insert it in the design area of the Data Modeler.

Starting the Tool

Prerequisites

You have created a Project and a corresponding root Web Dynpro Component.

Procedure

To open the Data Modeler, choose Open Data Modeler from the context menu for the component name in the Web Dynpro Explorer. To create an application entity, choose the corresponding Data Modeler action in the tool selection area. Then click on the relevant area in the Data Modeler editor. The corresponding wizard is then started and you can make the required entries.

For example, to define a custom controller, choose Create Custom Controller and then click on the area Custom Controllers. The definition wizard is started automatically.

If This is not the case then plz check ur WebDynPro Installation Manual....

Hope So ur problem will Solve.....:-)

Regard's

Dheerendra Shukla