cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an idoc directly after change

f_roels
Participant
0 Kudos

I am setting up a ale link between a 4.6c HR and a WAS 6.20. Everything is set up correctly for sending idocs when starting transaction BD21 (ALE changepointers evaluation) or using program RBDMIDOC (Generating idoc out of changepointers). The hrp1000 and hrp1001 records are transferred to the others system.

I now want to send a idoc directly after the change in one system. How can this be done?

With regards,

Frank Roels

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

If you are using ALE for distribution of data, then the quesiton to you is

Do you want to route your idocs through XI or not?

If you do NOT want to use XI, then you have to set up the Customer distribution model and other ALE Set up throught trfc connections.

If you want to route your messages through XI, then you have to use IDX1 and IDX2 in XI. Using these transactions in XI, you can import the meta data of the idoc into the XI runtime.

This way, the XI will know how to convert IDOC to IDOC XML and process it through the pipeline.

Hope this clarifies your qn.

f_roels
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't want to use XI. I have setup Customer distribution model and other ALE Set up throught trfc connections.

This way I want to have a idoc send to the receiver system immediately when a transaction is used to change data.

With regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I think your post is placed in a wrong forum. If you post this in ABAP forum, you will definitely get a better response.

But, from my understanding, you must use the Message Control and Output Types configuration for a particular transaction to automatically send IDocs from the transactio itself.

Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c8/19878343b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm">Help</a> for more information.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

f_roels
Participant
0 Kudos

I will do that.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are talking of posting of Idoc using change pointer method. To post the Idoc to other system you need to do the setting in sender and receiver system. Refer to this weblog for the setting.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Refer to this weblog for the sample Idoc scenario.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Thanks,

Prateek

f_roels
Participant
0 Kudos

Are the idx1 and idx2 transaction necessary for the direct sending of idoc? Problem is that those transaction don't exist on 4.6c, only on the was 6.20.

I am using change pointer method. I looks like I set everything alright. Except the direct send.

Can you explain me more.