cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Upload query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a query, I have to upload many documents in batch, which I can do through BDC Upload program. External numbering is required.

DMS is implemented for PM module, and so each documents can have a link with any of the PM Objects. While uploading batch data it is require to attach those documents along with specific PM Technical objects. Is it possible? If yes, how?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punam modi

There are various Methods for uploading documents .BDC, LSMW,BAPI.

I have uploaded Document through BAPI which milind has specified.

Check with you ABAP consultant for this.He will be able to guide you.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible.

While uploading batch data it is require to attach those documents along with specific PM Technical objects. Is it possible? If yes, how?

In master data xls template give path where the originals are kept with file name and add columns for PM master data - equipment, Functional location - depending upon no. of average object links, you can add number of columns feasible for users to fill up the master data template.

You will require BDC program to create external numbering, upload and linking. We have done similar exercise it worked well.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

I think this is possible even with LSMW.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can also achieve this by developing a program for DIR upload using BAPI "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2".

Regards,

Milind Dumbre

Edited by: Milind Dumbre on May 13, 2009 8:37 AM