cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAdI for AVAC activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Have anybody used the BAdI "IM_PERFORM" for activating the Availability Control before budgeting ? If so, what is the coding required for the below requirement. With this BAdI whether AVAC will get automatically activated ? I could not get much clarity from the SAP note which suggests the usage of this BAdI.

The requirement is AVAC should be activated before budget for specific Project profiles.

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Why don't you control through User status instead of activating AVAC before budget ?

Regards,

Vinodh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you consider implemeting a validation exit based on a system status. A project should not be released unless it is budgeted. By doing this, when a project is released, AVAC can be activated. This should solve your problem.

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

Better to use user status for this requirement.

create user status like

NOBD - No budget

BUDG-Budgted

For the user status NOBD keep it initial status, allow only budgeting. and restrict all other business transaction.

For user status BUDG , click on set corresponding to budgeting, means when there will be budgeting, system will automatically set this status. In this status allow all the business transaction .

This will fulfill ur requirements.

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your suggestions... I have already tested what you have suggested, the problem is ...here we give budget only at the topmost WBS and not at the subsequent levels whereas this Userstatus gets activated to all levels of WBS as I had assigned it at the profile... Hence, upon budget allocation it gets set only for the topmost WBS and the other levels have the initial status... Either I should be able to assign the Userstatus only for the topmost WBS or I have to think in some other ways of removing this status automatically...

Thanks

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when ever u r doing budgeting, better to copy from the plan, so that all the wbs will be budgeted , may be the top level wbs will be having some value and others having 0 budget.

If u will do in this way, then all the userstatus will be changed to BUDG.

But if u ll manuallly put budget in cj30 for 1 wbs , then u ll face the earlier prob.

Ashis