Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of abap reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please provide me some tutorial on execution of Reports using TCD mode or SAPgui.

it would be fine if i get only steps also.

Also please let me know how and when to GETGUI.since i get the following error

Check Whether the Requested Session Is Open and Whether Scripting Is Activated in the RequesteD

SYSTEM.

I have checked scripting is enabled in customize local layout

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Priya

Edited by: Priya_Agarwal121986 on May 13, 2009 6:39 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Click on the below link

SAPGUI Recording Mode

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3464] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

TCD Recording Mode

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3418] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Nikhil Kayal

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I have gone through these sites before.My problem is like this.

I had executed 1 Abap report which needed the dates as input.I want parameterize these dates but i donot see them in the log generated at all as values or text .

However the report has executed without any errors.

So just a question for Abap reports do we need to follow some other procedure to visualize the result??

thanks and regards,

Priya

Edited by: Priya_Agarwal121986 on May 13, 2009 7:02 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Try out the below link.

[]

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi nikhil,

I had gone through the link.This allows only current system date to be assigned .However my report has 2 field from Date and to date and both need not be current date.

Secondly once i execute the report if records are there those are shown else a message as No data to display comes.

But now i am not able to see the result in the error log at all.Can i see the message or result somehow it the log.

thanks and regards,

Priya

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can automate the reports using the transaction SE38.

Create the script and in the pattern select the TCD RECORD mode and start the transaction SE38 , enter the code and run as you do manually.

Once the recording is done , parameterize all the input fields and also if the running of ABAP report changes any table check the table if the values are updated.

If not record the whole process in SAPGUI and use getgui to capture the values in the output and compare the values with your expected values.

Hope it answers your question.

Thanks & Best regards,

Ajau