Activity lost after switching NWDS workspace
My NWDS workspace got corrupted and I had to delete the .metadata folder. I was not getting right click menus when it was corrupted, but once the metadata folder was rebuild everything works fine. But problem is all activities I had is gone now. But the files I have checked out, I am able to modify and deploy, but I am not able to check in now, coz the activity is gone from the Open Activities tab. How can I get it back please? Thanks a LOT.
Hi Ashish Mehra,
There is a way to resolve your problem.
1. If you know which files you have modified then first take a backup of those files.
2. Delete the project and recreate the project from track. Now the files (Which you had modified) will be overwritten by the active version. After this, NWDI will allow you to create an activity on those files which you had checked-out earlier.
3. Now check-out the files and replace the content of the file from your backup.
4. Check-in the activity and activate.
Instead of step2 you can also try below:
2. RightClick on the file which you have modified, go to properties. Check the read-only property.
3. Now sync the project. The file will be replaced with active version and allows to check-out.
4. Now check-out the files and replace the content of the file from your backup.
5. Check-in the activity and activate.
Note: But please take a backup of your project before doing any changes.
Let me know if you need any clarification.