cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity lost after switching NWDS workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My NWDS workspace got corrupted and I had to delete the .metadata folder. I was not getting right click menus when it was corrupted, but once the metadata folder was rebuild everything works fine. But problem is all activities I had is gone now. But the files I have checked out, I am able to modify and deploy, but I am not able to check in now, coz the activity is gone from the Open Activities tab. How can I get it back please? Thanks a LOT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehra,

What i suggest is leave about old activities, try to create new activity with same modifications you have done earlier then do the remaining process.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Anil for the reply. Only thing is I have modified quite a lot of code in one of the file I already checked out. Now, how will I check in this file? Is there a way? NWDS knows this file is already checked out and is not creating an activity when I modify this... please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehra,

Do u released any activites to CONS system from NWDS. IF so then from released view you can get the changes back.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have'nt even checked in the files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehra,

If you can find the OS level path where your application is going to deploy then from there we can get the sca/ear file . by xtracting the file we can get the code back. this is the only option...

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Mehra,

There is a way to resolve your problem.

1. If you know which files you have modified then first take a backup of those files.

2. Delete the project and recreate the project from track. Now the files (Which you had modified) will be overwritten by the active version. After this, NWDI will allow you to create an activity on those files which you had checked-out earlier.

3. Now check-out the files and replace the content of the file from your backup.

4. Check-in the activity and activate.

Instead of step2 you can also try below:

2. RightClick on the file which you have modified, go to properties. Check the read-only property.

3. Now sync the project. The file will be replaced with active version and allows to check-out.

4. Now check-out the files and replace the content of the file from your backup.

5. Check-in the activity and activate.

Note: But please take a backup of your project before doing any changes.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Jaya.

Answers (0)