cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Processes fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

We added a second Dialog Instance recently. The Central Instance and the two dialog instances, each have 30 work processes configured. The Central instance work processes are coming up fine. But whichever Dialog instance is started first shows all the work processes whereas the one started later shows up only 10 dialog work process. We though the issue was server specific, but it's not since we reverse the boot order between the two dialog instances the problem occurred in both servers. Whatever servers is brought up first works with

no problems, however when trying to bring up the second server the work processes fail.

Any pointers are welcome. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would want to start by reviewing the work process trace files on the app servers in /usr/sap/<SID>/D00/work (for Unix). It could be e:\usr\sap\<SID>\D00\work for Windows servers. The <SID> represents the system id (ie: DEV, PRD) and D00 could be something different depending on the instance number. On Windows, 'e:' would be the drive letter, which could be different on your servers. What you are looking for are the 'dev_w...' files, which are the trace files. These should contain an indication of what the problem is. If you are running on an Oracle database, my initial guess on your problem is that you do not have enough processes defined for the database to support the number of work processes configured. Best to check the trace files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Paul. The work processes problem has taken a back seat as other major issues have popped up. I did, already look into the developer traces. Will post a reply, when I start working on this problem again and if it does not work.

Answers (0)