cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize ESS - Bank Information FPM Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need to customize the ESS - Bank Information page.

Currently if you go to 'Bank Information' page on the portal there are 4 steps on the road map and there's an 'Edit' button to edit the information.

I want to change the layout such that it will not have any edit facility but just the display function.

1. There should be only 2 steps in the road map - Overview & Display -

2. Instead of the 'Edit' button there shoud be a 'Display' button

I tried to alter the 'Per_Bank_<CountryCode>' FPM application by just removing the r3 & r4 road map steps under 'Define Road Map' step. But now it is giving an error when you try to go to the 'Define Event Links' step for the p2 perspective (Edit). Also from the portal 'Edit' link is not working, it gives an error page. Any tips why this is behaving like this???

Can anybody tell me how to customize this? Do I have to do any more changes apart from the FPM Application changes.

I'm relatively new to this technology and much appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks in advance!!! and i'm waiting for a quick reply....... 🐵

PS: I'm using SAP NetWeaver 7 (2004s)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata,

There are lot of documents at sdn on FM.

If you have a specific questions, please open a new thread.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Starplus and other SDNers

I wish to make changes to the personal data iviews, bank information, personal information etc.

However I am facing the same difficulties in changing this. I know the Self Services Administrator role can cater for this via the FPM applications? Do you have document that explains this in detail as I would lime to implement it the same way with only the Overview and a more detail Display.

I hope you can help. I need an implementation solution quickly.

Reagrds Dries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create the new Fpm application for this, your required roadmaps,

once creation is done, you need to provide the portal content path of your FPM application as a base configuration ID for your webdynpro application properties.

Deployee the DC once.

Back to portal and create the Fpm views which steps you need to disply, like you requirement.

assign this views to fpm application prespectives, and declare the event.

deployee your webdynpro again, you will get the application as u wish.

let me know if you have any doubts, its a long process i cannot discribe here.

Try it, i am sure it will work.

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out why that error is happening and fixed the issue. Thanks for replying though

The error is coming up because the 'p2' perspective (Edit) has an event which has the 'Target' as 'r3' road map step. Since I've deleted the r3 & r4 steps at the begining it won't even allow me to edit the rest of the stuff.

I recreated road map steps r3 & r4 and delete the offending event from the p2 perspective first before deleting the above road map steps. After that it's working perfectly as expected.

And regarding making the 'Edit' functionality looks like the 'Display'...... I resolved that by customizing the portal content through iView Personalization.

Hope my answer will help anybody who get into the same mess...... 😄

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AppaRao,

I am new to Webdynrpo and FPM .can you please let me know if there is any documents that has the information about how to create the Road map and assign the iview to that,

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Sujata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Starplus,

Can you please let me know how we can make changes to the exiting road map created using the FPM. Please share any document that explains the same.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Sujata