cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 - RAR - Background Job Log - buttons grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

During our upgrade testing (5.2 to 5.3), I discovered the 3 buttons in the job log are now grayed out. The path is: Configuration tab -> Background Job -> Search -> Search.

I have all the VIRSA_CC* roles in the UME and all the jobs have been scheduled and executed under my ID. The buttons grayed out are: u201CEnable/Disableu201D, u201CTerminate Jobu201D, and u201CView Logu201D. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the status of the job you are searching.

If it is in completed status then u201CEnable/Disableu201D, u201CTerminate Jobu201D buttons will be grayed out.

In the running status these button will be enabled.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Enable/disable and Terminate will only be active if you select a running or scheduled job.

View history was changed between 5.2 and 5.3 - "Configuration - Miscellaneous" now has an option "Default Logger Parameter". If you set it to "SAP Logger", the button will remain greyed out and you have to check the logs with the standard SAP Netweaver LogViewer. If you set it to "Java Logger", the "View log" button will work as in 5.2.

"SAP Logger" is especially useful in a multi node setup, where logs may be distributed over multiple servers.

Hope that helps,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sudip and Frank. Your responses are helpful. I did not find much information on this parameter in the configuration manual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These things you will not get in any guide. You have to explore the component and learn.

But your problem is resolved right?

Thanks,

Sudip

Edited by: Sudip Saha on May 13, 2009 10:16 PM