cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation to the number or entrees in the dropdownlist box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any limitation to the number of entrees in the dropdownlist box. I am using a query to popullate the dropdownlist box, but it is only showing 500 entrees, where as the query returns more than that.

Is this a configurable thing which can be done?

regards,

AE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Check the below link to change the query row limit.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f9/ba8b70be814ccb9e87cb8ad27ba805/frameset.htm

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I do not have the query as a date service in my model to set the max rows.I am popullating the dropdown using dynamic entry list. In the dynamic entry list, I call the query which returns the values for the dropdown. I do not see any place where we can configure the number of elements in the dropdown element. When I execute the query, I get all the records, but in the dropdown I only see 500 elements.

Let me know your thoughts.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a well known issue .

Plesae check the belwo wiki lInk.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/sortingBIdata]

Regards,

Govindu

Edited by: Govindu Nagotla on May 14, 2009 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating 'Dynamic list' there are 3 options. Select 'Allow Duplicate Entries' & then check whether all values are coming or not. Also try to create global list from 'Tools - List manager' & then select that list from the option 'Global List' in your form.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

The link you mentioned again points to the same thing, we we use a bi query as a data service, there is a place where we can specify the maximum number of records returned. But in my case I use the dynamic entry list to popullate the dropdown, where there is no place to specify the max number or records.

regards,

AE

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Right click on query(Web Service) & check 'Configure Element'. There is one option 'Max number of rows'. By default system takes it as 500. I think because of this you are getting only 500 values. Increase this number & then try what you are getting.

I think this will solve your problem.

Regards

Sandeep