cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible excel data range for List Box and QaaWS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to Xcelsius. I am using Xcelsius 2008 and have created the QAAWS data connection to extract SAP BI data via BO Universe.

Issue: I want to extract LOV of Shopping cart date from SAP BI. The no. of records returned is not fixed. However, using List Box and QAAWS connection, fixed cell range in Excel is required. If I have selected the bigger cell range (eg.10 cells) in Excel for QAAWS connection, but the available record returned from SAP BI is only 4, List Box will display 6 undefined value in the xcelsius.

Is there a way to defined flexible data range shown in list box and QaaWS?

Any help and advice is really appreciated. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you seeing 6 blank rows in your list box, or are you seeing the string "undefined" in the last rows?

If you are seeing 6 blank rows, then on your list box property, go to behavior -> common and check ignore blank cells. This will truncate all trailing null rows on your list box.

If you are seeing the string "undefined", which BOE & Xcelsius 2008 version (including fix packs) are you using? I forgot what the exact version was, but previous versions of BOE (QaaWS) & Xcelsius 2008 had this problem of returning "undefined" on the leftover rows from the previous QaaWS call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using BO XI R3 and Xcelsius 2008 SP1. 6 rows with value 'undefined' are dispalyed in the list box even though I've checked the ignore Blank Cells in Behaviour->Common.

What service pack of Xcelsius 2008 should I use to relsove this issue? Or is there any alternative way to fix this?

Appreciate your help. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is fixed in FP1 (check the release note for ADAPT 01112127). But you may want to go up to FP3, since that is the lastest fix pack (fix packs are cumulative, so FP3 will include FP2 & FP1 fixes).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bobby Borromeo, it is relsoved after I installed the Xcelsius 2008 SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GT,

Open property of List Box.

Go to Behavior -> Common and click on "ignore blank values".

Your problem will solved.

Regards,

Rishit