Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender System in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im doing a SOAP-XI-JDBC scenario

Im getting request from a 3rd part system to XI through Webservice provided by WSDL file

Now i have to create a sender SOAP adapter . For this do i need to make an entry of the sending system in my SLD..

Do i need to create a Business system or Business Service

If so what would be the details

Thanks

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAvi

Thanks for the info

But we are using PI 7.0.. can i do this in pi 7.0

If so, as im receiveing the data tru soap sender adapter, do i really need to publish my outbond message interface..

After developing the scenarion.. what do in need to provide the customer to test from the source side..

i think just the WSDL of the outbound message would suffice..

Can you please throw some light on this ...

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you have to publish the Outbound interface only since that is what is the starting point for anyone who wants to consume the webservice.

You just need to give the wsdl file that is generated after you publish the webservice.

The wsdl that you see in the Message Interface will not be useful to consume at runtime.

The difference bewteen the wsdl in the IR and the wsdl that you generate in ID is that the ID wsdl has the end point pointing to the XI server's soap adapter , which will eventually ve called when the actual consumption of webservice happens.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for your inputs

I did as mentioned.

Now the cusotmer is asking me to publish the Webservice and give the url. As im using SOAP sender how can i publish the webservice. Do i need to configure another SOAP receier adapter..?

I just gave him the physical WSDL file. I was told to publish the Webservice and give the URL with ."?wsdl" at the end....

How can this happen.

Any inputs please

-keerthika

former_member181962
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

To add more points to Rajesh

<soap:address location="http://yhsapi01:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_FILE_SENDER:CCT_WebService_2_WebService_Sender_H1309&version=3.0&Sender.Service=BS_FILE_SENDER&Interface=http%3A%2F%2Fyash.com%2Fh1309%2FWebService_2_WebService%5EMI_A_OUT_+SendSMSToIndia_H1309" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" /> 

In the above sample example soap:address element specify the address to access the XI. test tool like soapUI read the wsdl and try to connect to the WebService provider(here XI) using the address specified in the soap:address element and soap:action attribute in soap:operation because soap:action identifies the specific operation in the webservice.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create both third party business system or a Business Service. Use business service if you want to avoid adding business system in SLD.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Agreed but.. Say my Third party system is an external Non SAP system which is somewhere physically located.

So to add this system in my SLD.. do i need to know its physical details.. like .. ip address etc...

Basically my question is how is the connection made between Sender 3rd party system and XI.

if it was an SAP system i can make and entry in the SLD by knowing the SAP host name details.

But in my case its an external non sap system..how do i add this 3rd party in my SLD

=keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think even thought ur thirt party has physical existance...u need not to enter those details...

it is normal third party system creation

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this purpose only Business services are used ..

In this cases connection will be established via end-point provided in soap action step of your WSDL Provided by you to third party

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Does it mean that its not mandatory to create Dummy Technical System and Business System in SLD.

If its not mandatory then to under which Business System/Service can i create a Sender SOAP communication channel

-keerthi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

As mentioned above there is no need to create a Business System for entities outside your SLD boundaries.

You can create a Party in the ID, under that, create a Business Service for your SOAP Sender.

Under that Business Service you can define your SOAP Sender Communication Channel.

Regards,

Ravi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do i need to know its physical details.. like .. ip address etc...

No

Does it mean that its not mandatory to create Dummy Technical System and Business System in SLD.

Correct

under which Business System/Service can i create a Sender SOAP communication channel

As I said earlier, third party Business system or any business service.

Regards,

Prateek