cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial numbers in stock transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot post goods issue a stock transport order delivery from plant 1000 to 2000 without maintiaining a serial number profile in both the plant.

So i have to maintain the profile in both Plants?

One plant uses serial numbers and the other doesnt.

Please explain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Serial num stored in MARC-SERNP is a plant specific profile. In 1 plant material can have profile Z001 & in anouther it can have Z002. So as a practise we always maintain serial num profile in MM02.

Basing on the serial num profile some procedures are assigned by which serial num assignment is mandatory for GR & GI etc (for eg MMSL, HUSL, SDLS etc). Basing on what is required & what is optional you will have to maintain the serial num when doing GR or PGI.

So check in SPRO --> SD --> Basic functions --> serial num --> determine serial num profile.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know if i assign the serial number profile to ths tock transport order will the receiving plant have to follow the same process of serial numbers as the dlivering plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No. Need not be. If you have setup the serial number profile generation as manual in the config, then it can have any number assigned. Ideal is to have the automatic same serial number profile across the plants as otherwise there is a chance of getting things messed, but this depends upon your business requirement as well.

Regards,

Subbu