cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing & Installation Concept in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our company has purchased a complete Software Package of Netweaver 2004s SR2 with ERP 2005 SR2, IDES ERP 2005 SR2, SRM, CRM, SCM, Solution Manager 4.0

We've already installed the IDES ERP 2005 SR2. Now my question is as you all know we have been given one Installation number & the customer number. So with the same software how many total systems can we install, Do we have to apply for the license for each installed SAP System. Also do SAP charge for each License. Also when we create any users in any client in a system, do we need to pay for that aswell, also what about the development users. In short I'm looking for the Installation & Licensing concept in SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must apply for a separate license for each system, however based on the agreement with SAP you can have multiple systems i.e Multiple Utilization means the installation of the Software on more than one Designated Unit for Productive Use, or the setting up of more than one Application Database on one Designated Unit for Productive Use. Multiple Utilization of the Software may subject Licensee to payment of additional license fees.please read End User License Agreement on this if you have a copy with you or with IT/business.

There can be many license types as negotiated by the Business with SAP. You need to discuss with your IT/business group what type of licenses were negotiated and what defines each type of user? Then you can set the user accounts properly.

For each license you have to send the SAP audit report(system generated) with the required inputs yearly once which will be evaluated by SAP.Only users created in productive client will be charged, the users license applies to the development users also.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCSTSL/BCCSTSL.pdf

-Unique System Number (New as of SAP Web AS 6.10)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/a7/512c6e407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

You have got advice to contact SAP because the info you are seeking is more of confidential and based on customer to customer.

Thank you,

Shyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Nitin

Your question can be best answered by SAP people, get in touch with them, they will explain you each and everything.

Regards

Avneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me in short atleast with the answer for the question. Some of you are advicing me to ask this to the SAP people. If I can ask them what the use of this forum, why to post the questions here.

Waiting for the answer which will really help me.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin Goyal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All those question can be answed by you SAP Account Manager.

Give him/her a call.

Regards

Juan