cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while setting up Data Services Designer on Citrix

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have followed the directions for setting up Data Services 3.1.1 Designer to run on Citrix but are having a problem getting it to run.

Everything seems to run correctly when the script is executed - the users directory is created, the files are copied and the Designer .exe is started - except when Designer runs it gives a blank dialogue/error box instead of actually starting. When you hit 'ok' it ends.

Nothing is recorded in the Designer log files about this error.

Has anyone successfully installed Designer in a Citrix environment and encountered this error?

NOTE: Designer runs fine when run directly i.e. not kicked off by the script.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

I am one of the tech writers for Data Services and Werner brought this to my attention. I am trying to locate the source of documentation to which you refer. Where is the reference to:

"In the script line that moves the LicenseVerifier.dll there is a missing % after USERNAME .

Just search for %USERNAME/ in the script and replace it with %USERNAME%/ and Designer will start correctly."

Lisa

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Page 118 of the Data Services Technical Manuals.

The line is:

rem Uses to verify licensing keycode

COPY "%LINK_DIR%"\bin\LicenseVerifier.dll %TEMP%\%USERNAME\DI\bin

but there should be another % 7 characters from the end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I haven't been able to identify the specific version of documentation you referenced, but the issue has been addressed in a subsequent release (and the documentation updated) because we now provide the scripts with the installation.

Lisa

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We found the problem: there is a typo in the documentation.

In the script line that moves the LicenseVerifier.dll there is a missing % after USERNAME .

Just search for %USERNAME/ in the script and replace it with %USERNAME%/ and Designer will start correctly.