cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Change Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am new to development in ABAP, one of questions that I have is that I have heard when there is a change in master data table, events can be triggered to notify the programs. Is there a same concept for transaction tables?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George Lu,

I don't think that the change pointers concept will work for transaction tables.

shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sailesh.

I think SOs and POs would be considered as transaction documents that are stored in transaction tables, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Yes, you are right.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Yes, these are called as Change pointers. You can configure them for most of the business documents like SALES ORDER, PURCHASE ORDER etc.

You can configure that only when specific fields of these documents are changed, trigger the change pointers.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Ravikumar.

I have also heard that these changes or pointers to the change are store in a table and obvious the more documents that I keep track this table will grow, is this correct? Do you have any links or documents that show how to set this up? For example, do I need to activate a setting somewhere so that SOs are now change-pointers activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Consider this scenario, that your Vendor needs to be informed if you change the PO. That means you need to activate the change pointers on the PO documents. This is done in the IMG customization and is usually done by the functional consultants. Here is the path for the same.

SPRO->Material mgmt->Purchasing->Messages->Output control

However, regarding the tables I think you are talking about the CHANGE DOCUMENTS which is different from Change Pointers. These are activated at a DATA ELEMENT level. First you will have to create a CHANGE DOCUMENT using SCDO and activate the same in the attributes of the DATA ELEMENT in SE11. These are stored in CDHDR and CDPOS tables.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm">change documents help</a>