cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Prompting order on Crystal Reports Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the CrystalReportViewer to display reports from within a J2EE application. We create the reports external to the development environment using Crystal Reports 11.

All seems to work well except for a problem in the way that run-time parameters are displayed in the viewer panel. The problem is that the parameter order that we define in the report, and which is displayed as expected when the report is run in Crystal Reports itself, is not reflected on the viewer.

For example, our paramaters for a given report may be in this order:

From Date

To Date

Minimum Value

But when the report is executed through the viewer on a jsp page, we may see those same three parameters prompted like this:

To Date

Minimum Value

From Date

This is just an example of course, but in a complex report, with many associatted parameters, this somewhat random reordering makes the parameter list very difficult to comprehend.

Can anyone offer a method by which we can keep the display order consistent?

Best regards,

Chuck Doherty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adam_alsop2
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the same issue I am having - I has 3 parameters to start, the added additional parameters that I wanted to show first. They are properly formatted & ordered in the Record Selection, but do not display in the neccesary (same order) when the report is run. I really don't want to have to remove the existing parameters, start with only the ones I want first and the add the others back in. NOT a good way of having to do things

(WinXP/XIr2)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

You can set the parameter order as below:

- Open the report in CR Designer stand alone application.

- Open the field explorer.

- Right click on the parameter field.

- Click on Set parameter Order.

- Set the paramneter order and save the changes.

- Run the report.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here, and Sourashree's answer does not work. Anybody else have any solutions?

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This was fixed in April of 2010 in CR4E CRJ 2.6 (12.2.207.916).

The current release is CRJ 2.11 (12.2.212.1346) available [here|http://www.businessobjects.com/campaigns/forms/downloads/crystal/eclipse/datasave.asp].

Please try it with that.

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my confusion -- I didn't realize that this was a forum just for the Java-related version of Crystal reports. I was searching for anything related to my issue and this was the only place which described what i was seeing. We are not using Java -- just using Crystal to print reports from a MS SQL Server database. So the download you suggested won't work here. Do you know if there is a solution for non-Java CR? Or where I shouod post the question?

former_member217070
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try the [SAP Crystal Reports Design|; forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem. In my case, I am not using the viewer; I am generating the parameters form myself by using the Report API to open the report and go through the parameters, something like this:

Fields reportFields = reportClientDocument.getDataDefinition().getParameterFields();

for(Object f : reportFields) {

ParameterField currentField = (ParameterField) f;

// Process the field...

}

But the fields are not returned in the order they are defined in Crystal Reports designer. I suspect that the JSP viewer just uses something similar to the above behind the scenes, and therefore this should be a bug in the Report SDK.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

Artur Matos