Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace for table DML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I have the following case: customizing data from table AUSP has been deleted in production and nobody knows who has done it.

Is there a way to find out the user who did that?

Is there any trace for table DML?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paulo

6 REPLIES 6

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know whether Table Logging is activated or not in your system. But you can do this by using the TCode SCU3.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

there is no log for table AUSP in SCU3.

How do I activate logging for a table?

Probably I will never find out who has deleted the customizing data from that table but if it is marked for logging, this may be helpful in the future.

Thanks once again.

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Searching for "rec/client" and "recclient" will help you further.

Probably you would find that the change was made by a transport of the object, so you would have to look in the development system's SCU3...

What you might also want to look into there are changes for which the transport requests have never been released. These can cause your system landscape to become out of sync, and when someone transports the object (possibly years later) it can wipe out your customizing.

After an implementation and before the developers leave site, it is advisable to temporarily permit a downward connection for developers (or auditors) to verify from production that the objects are consistent in development and that nonsense transport requests are not floating around.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

For activation of table logging in your SAP system for future reference,you have to set the value of the profile parameter rec/client as mentioned by Julius.Please read through the documentation for this profile parameter for setting the right values of the parameter.

This will activate the table logging for all client dependent tables in your system.

Thanks,

Saby..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saby,

that parameter has been already set to my production client so I think that logging is active in my system.

But in the list of logged tables in SCU3 I haven't found the table AUSP. I'm beginning to suspect that table AUSP is not a customizing table.

How can I check that?

If that table is not a customizing one, even so I'll be able to mark it for logging?

Kind regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

> that parameter has been already set to my production client so I think that logging is active in my system.

Is "recclient" also set in the transport profile (transaction STMS)?

> But in the list of logged tables in SCU3 I haven't found the table AUSP.

Check table DD09L field PROTOKOL and alternately (the older mechanism) table TPROT field PROTOKOL for a flag (X).

> I'm beginning to suspect that table AUSP is not a customizing table.

>

> How can I check that?

In SE11 display the table's Delivery Class data.

> If that table is not a customizing one, even so I'll be able to mark it for logging?

Technically, yes. But if it is an application table, then this might not be appropriate.

Alternately try the application logs to see whether changes have been recorded there? (table CDHDR)

Cheers,

Julius

ps: I am not logged on, so this is just "principal" information, and not necessarily the case for AUSP.