cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition cannot be released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am coming across an issue with the WF inbox. A Purchase Req is created fine , and a purchase req item release work item appears in the approvers inbox fine.

If someone trash cans (deletes) the purchase req item in the purchase req before the approvers approves or rejects it then the work item is stuck in the approvers WF inbox, when executed by the approver he gets the error message "Purchase Requisition xxxxxxxx cannot be released"

What can I do to have the work item be removed from the approvers WF inbox if the item is deleted?

Thank you

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Hamel,

are you using business object BUS2009. This business object is for PR line item.

If a PR line item is deleted, an indicator in EBAN-LOEKZ is set.

1. Create an attibute in your business object subtype (ZBUS2038) with data type as EBAN-LOEKZ and create this field as database field. (Considering subtype is deligated to standard business object)

2. Once the Subtype is activated, go to your workflow and you will find that in your business object LOEKZ is added.

3. Open the activity which is used to send work item to approver. Go to conditions tab, and under this tab go to complete workitem tab add a condition saying BUS2009-LOEKZ = X.

By doing this, when ever this condition is satisfied the workitem will be completed. This worked for me.

Regards,

Gautham Paspala

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Youu2019re using the std. workflow right

1) If yes, while a Person delete the workflow will stops as mentioned Arghadip the SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED event will occur the workflow will Complete

2) Once the user change the value and save it, again new workflow will be triggered for the PR no.

3) There are 2 Possibilities

a) That event SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED is not triggering while deleting (Check with Functional Consultant)

b) Other wise, check whether the event branch SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED is Removed in the workflow, which will be present in the std. workflow (Check the workflow)

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the Terminating event SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED event will get triggered which will remove the workitem from the Approver's Inbox. If this is not getting triggered you can ask fnal Consultant to do proper configuration for this or you can use a different event may be Change and filter the changes when the item is deleted as this event gets triggered whenever you change the PR.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot remember the details of PR WF, but is there an event triggered when the pruchase order is deleted? Check this in SWEL (and put the event monitor on in SWELS, if it is not on). If the event is triggered, you can place a 'wait for event' type of step into your workflow, and end the workfow if the DELETED (or whatever) event is triggered.

Just something to check.

Regards,

Karri