Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager EHP 1 SP19 - DBA Cockpit Configuration Wizard

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup system for monitoring through tcode solman_setup.

I have done all the configuration up to the "Configure DBA Cockpit" under step two of the Managed System Configuration.

When I open the url for "Configure DBA Cockpit" it brings me to the DBA Cockpit Configuration Wizard.

I choose the system I want to monitor ( which is a java instance) click next and it brings me to a screen that tells me that my connections are ok and to hit next to " install the Database Performance Warehouse and extractors for this connection."

When I choose next it errors with SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure 'sap_tf_version'.

I found note 460268 where the solution states:

Proceed as follows:

• Execute the MSSPROCS report in SE38.

• Choose the version of your SQL Server as the Database Release value and confirm with Enter.

• Select the missing stored procedure in the table control.

• Choose "Start". A log must be displayed notifying you that the procedure was successfully executed.

I did this and there is no stored procedure called 'sap_tf_version' in my solution manager system

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

leslie_moser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, Lee's last post is not the correct solution although it may appear to work.

I work for the SAP SQL Server Porting team and we own this application area. In September we wrote SAP Note 1388700 which gives detailed instructions on all the steps required to setup a remote system connection from a Solution Manager Database Monitoring wizard. I realize some of the steps in the process are counter-intuitive, we are improving this process currently to make it easier for you.

Just to clarify the original error: SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure 'sap_tf_version'

Sadly, this is actually a good error but the text was vastly misleading and we have already changed it. What this error tells you is that the connection to the remote system was successful (usually the first hurdle to cross) but that no remote monitoring schema was found. As you will see in SAP Note 1388700, once you get this error you have to switch to a SAPGui window and perform some actions to inject a monitoring schema and then switch back to the SolMan wizard to complete the setup. Following these steps, you will create a new monitoring schema inside the remote database that has its own stored procedures which are relevant to the SolMan support package level. With Lee's last posting, you would end up connecting to the actual SAP schema of the remote system which has stored procedures relevant to its own SAP support package level.

Because different SAP releases have different stored procedures you want to be certain to have your own SolMan monitoring schema in your remote databases. Otherwise, you will run into new errors.

I hope the Note is clear for you. And as I said, we are currently writing improvements to make the errors more understandable and to remove the extra steps from the SolMan Database Monitoring wizard. in the meantime, Note 1388700 is the best place to get information. If you have any further question, please open a message under the component BC-DB-MSS.

Thank you and best regards,

Leslie Moser

Microsoft SQL Server Support

SAP Database Development - Microsoft Platforms (Redmond, WA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leslie,

Thanks for the note it helps a lot although I still have a problem. I've run through the note and have created my SQL user and the Solman system connects to the SQL database. When I click next to perform the final tasks I get authorisation errors-

DB connection Id :%_LID_LINCDEV

Connectivity test : Green

Database history :You are not authorized for DB access (S_DBCON: LINCDEV LID solman 03)

Extractors activation :The DB performance warehouse failed to be setup, thus the DB extractors were not activated

Connectivity test details :

Connection successful : <local>(RFC) %_LID_LINCDEV(DBCON) SAPSolMan701(Schema)

Is there something I could have missed?

Chris

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Currently I am struggling with the same issue.

I went also through note 1388700, i created a login on the databasehost and added the default database and credentials as mentioned.

The wizard still ends up in:

SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure 'SAPSolMan701.sap_tf_version'.

Database connection %_<SID>_<DATABASEHOST> established successfully

So the connection is made but the stored procedures are not found, we are using SQLServer 2005 version:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.3042.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.3042.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.1434

Operating System 6.0.6001 = Windows 2008 Standard Edition

Did you allready solve the problem and if so, how?

I am also want to post a message towards SAP, and will leave the result if solved.

The error message you are getting is due to a autorisation error check the userid in dbacockpit and check which user id is entered in the automatic gererated connection. This userid must have mentioned autorisations.

Best regards,

Jacco Raymakers

Edited by: Jacco Raymakers on Feb 12, 2010 4:19 PM

Edited by: Jacco Raymakers on Feb 12, 2010 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacco,

The user used by the wizard and added to the 'Administration Data' tab is the SOLMAN_ADMIN user, is that the one I should be looking at? I have given that user the SAP_BC_DB_ADMIN_MSS role in solution manager which contains the S_DBCON authorisation object. Does that user need setting up in the remote system as well? How can I change that user in the 'Administration Data' tab?

Did you resolve your other issue?

Chris

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had the same issue. I implemented note 1389738 in SAP Solution Manager and I followed the instructions of note 1388700 and the problem solved. Try to follow these notes and inform me about the results.

Kind regards,

Garifalia Antonopoulou

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

I also implemented note 1389738 and followed the instructions in note 1388700 and that did the trick!

Thank you to everyone for all the help!

Neil

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Even I am struck at "Configure DBA Cockpit" I went through your responses and checked sap nots: 1389738(which doen't want to implement through snote) & note: 1388700 (step no:7)

7. When you click next the connection is made and a login is performed. You may get an error like this:

SQL error 2812: Could not find stored procedure '<schema>.sap_tf_version'.

In this case do the following:

a) Enter the DBA Cockpit in a separate SAPGUI window. {How can i start DBA cockpit in SAPGUI ?}

b) Choose the system from the dropdown list in the top left corner. This will automatically select connect to the system and bring up the SQL Script Execution screen.

c) Select Create/repair schema to create the Object Source Schema.

d) Choose functional level "Standard set" and click on Execute script(s). Wait for all scripts to be executed and make sure all scripts were successful.

e) Go back to the DBA Cockpit Setup Wizard and click on Back to return to the parameter screen.

8. Then click Next to continue to the Results screen and the Wizard should complete successfully.

Please suggest

regards

Harry

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

For step 7 you have to connect to your Solution Manager system through SAPGUI and then you will need to go to t-code DBACOCKPIT.

Once you are in the DBA Cockpit the rest of the instructions should be easier to follow.

Thank you,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in the screen where you enter the connection parameters, it seems i entered incorrect schema, in the next screen it shows me that the connection is successful but error

SQL error 208: Invalid object name 'SAPSolMan701.sap_tf_tlist'.

now when i go back to the parameter it shows

This connection is already configured for DBA Cockpit and successfully tested.

Please hit the 'Next' button to install the Database Performance Warehouse and extractors for this connection.

is there a ways we can edit the parameters again,

Yogesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

david_shi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Leslie,

I am facing the same error too when configure remote database monitoring for a managed system in the wizard. The detailed error message is as following.

(2812) [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'SAPSolMan710.sap_tf_version

dbdsmss: DBSL13 SQL2812

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'SAPSolMan710.sap_tf_version'.

According to the note 1388700, I changed the SQL server instance authenication mode, and created the login with name SAPSolMan710 with sysadmin server role and db_owner mapping. But I always got above error either from the diagnostics setup in RCA workcenter or from the managed system configuration wizard.

Meanwhile, I checked transaction DBACOCKPIT and could not find any entry created for this system automatically. I went throught the note 1389738, and this note could not be applied on our SolMan system as the SAP_BASIS patch level is already SAPKB70107.

You mentioned there are some steps guided in note 1388700, but I have not found those steps to fix the error. Please kindly advise on this. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case, I forgot to change "Object Source Name" from the default to the name of the DB I'm trying to connect to.

It defaulted to "SAPSolMan710" which I changed to "qas", then it connected correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was you able to run DB13 without errors?

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Yes, DB13 on Solution Manager can connect to the other systems just fine.

Thank you,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

someone know where to find a documentation about this configuration?

regards,

Melissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the same problem!

Did you find the solution?

Thank you in advanced.

Best regards.

Rubé

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rubén,

No my question has not been answered yet and I have not found a solution. I just skipped the DBA Cockpit part of the setup.

If you come up with anything please let me know.

Thank you,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neil

Are you sure that this Note applies to your system ?

As seen from 'Affected releases', it's for Basis 620/640

and what is you database type for Solman and for the managed instance ?

neil_hoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

Thank you for your quick response!

Yes you are right in that the note was not ment for my system. Solution manager EHP1 sp19 has SAP_Basis version 701.

The reason I put that information in there is because the report MSSPROCS pointed me to where I can see the stored procedures and 'sap_tf_version' is not in our Solution Manager system. (Could this be why I am getting the error when trying to setup the system in DBA Cockpit? If so how would I be able to get this stored procedure?)

I am using SQL Server 2005 in both the solution manager system and the system that I am trying to manage.

Neil