Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To Idoc scenario

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->I am working on simple file to Idoc scenario.In SXMB_MONI i am getting an error as in the Error Category : IDOC_ADAPTER and Error ID is: ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV is shown.

--> In the message it shows under Error UNABLE TO CONVERT THE SENDER SERVICE TO AN ALE LOGICAL SYSTEM.

-->I had done all the necessary configurations my Trgt BS is web as abap and i had provided the necessary settings for that.

-->In RWB , under communication channel monitoring my sender Communication channel always will be in error mode(At present i worked on File for sender CC),it will not pick up the file but the processing will be fine and the scenario will work fine .In the Audit log it shows a

Error like:Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there are a series of settings which are incorrect.

Make sure you have not created any message interface for idoc and you are directly using the idoc name for interface determination.

For your business system, goto Menu -> Adapter Specific Identifier and make sure that you can see the Logical system name present there.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the replies.

@Prateek

-->My configurations which i made all are fine,If i test test the scenario in ID from Test configuration its woring fine.

-->I created DT,MT,MI for sender side only,for mapping and interface mapping on target side i used the IDOC.

-->coming to ID for sender i used one Business sytesm which is THIRD PARTY and for Receiver system i used another Business system which is WEB AS ABAP and for this Business System i configured all the necessary settings Logical system name etc.

-->In Interface determination using the input help i configured the required parameters in their respective fields,in inbound interfaces i used my Receiver interface as IDOC and maintained the interface mapping.

@Raju

-->Is it mandatory to maintain the Logical system name for Sender business system in SLD while we are dealing with Third party systems.If so pls suggest me for that.

thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure this setting is all right - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to maintain the logical system name for sender business system too

Check the below blog for more understanding

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to create technical and business system as third party in SLD for sender system...tht is required..

and use the same business system in receiver determination for specifying sender and while creating communication channel.

regards,

Manisha

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

-->I had done the scenario successfully.

-->I maintained the LS for Sender BS and i created that LS name in R/3 system and created the Partner Profiles associated with that and maintained the input parameters.

-->The idoc sent successfull from PI box but in R/3 system the status in WE02 t-code is idoc saved with errors and staus is 56.I checked your blog.

-->And i want clarify some doubts which i have,while doing IDOC to FILE scenario i maintained 2 BS's 1 is for sender and 2 is for receiver ,for receiver i created a third party BS did not assign any LS for that it executed succesfuliy.Then for FILE to IDOC y we should assing LS for sende BS.

-->Congratulations your blog is excellant.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. good to hear that it helped you..

And i want clarify some doubts which i have,while doing IDOC to FILE scenario i maintained 2 BS's 1 is for sender and 2 is for receiver ,for receiver i created a third party BS did not assign any LS for that it executed succesfuliy.Then for FILE to IDOC y we should assing LS for sende BS.

In case of File to IDoc we need this as we have to frame the idoc control record for processing in target R/3 system.we are taking care of filling of SNDPRN,RCVPRN,....

Where as in case of IDoc to File as idoc control record will be generated in R/3 itslef ,it will take care of control rec generation and we need to maintain the RCVPRN, R/3system Id and Client in PI system for identifying the sender system,.... for processing in PI

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some more doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

pavan

This may not apply to you depending on your version and SPS level, but check the following note:

Note 767500 - Sender missing in acknowledgment

Hope this helps.

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the logical system is specified for your sender business system. Go to your business system in ID and check the logical system in adapter specific identifiers.