cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign HU to Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need an advice for one of my business process.

I'm working with HU and WM.

I have HU-BOX(es) assigned to Outbound Deliveries in Storage Type 916 and that I want to pack it into a pallet when I'm creating shipment.

My pallet is already existing in the warehouse and when I want to assign it to shipment, the system tells me that that "HU is assigned to an object that cannot be processed here".

My pallet is not assigned to any object. I know that I cannot access handling units without an object reference from Shipment, but I really need to do it.

Does anyone have an idea on how I could avoid create a new pallet in order to pack my boxes in shipment ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Remi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed Thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really dint get the issue, but hope my experience helps. when you say the HU is in 916 it means it is already associated to the delivery and only a TO confirmation and goods issue is pending.For packing into the shipment, shipment level packing has to be activated.The pack dialog for shipments as well as deliveries provides almost similar functionality.There are several tables like vekp, vepo and also in hu03 we can track the status and contencts of the HU and also through HUMO.

Can you please check and see if the HU is already packed in the delivery?if you really do not have time to play around you can consider the option of SAP table edits to clear the status(BUT NOT ADVISABLE).

Regards

Kiran V Yarlagadda

313-520-6969

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

My HUs (boxes) are already assigned to deliveries in storage type 916.

As I have to pack into pallet various HUs from different deliveries, I only can pack it when I create shipment.

The only problem is that I need to pack these boxes assigned to different deliveries into a palet that already exists in my storage location.

That's when the system tells me that I cannot access handling units without an object reference from Shipment, because my palet is not assigned to any object and I cannot assign it to an outbound delivery as I have to pack various of them into the same pallet.

If you see anything that can help me...

Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,

Remi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have got some info from SAP help which may help you. You mentioned about using pre-existing HUs in shipment, but if you can create one in a shipment itself, then that should solve your problem, if steps provided below works for you.

SAP Help goes like this...

1. " To pack an existing HU into a larger HU, for example into a truck, select the HU and choose Extras -->Allowed packaging materials to select the appropriate packaging material for the HUs concerned.

2. Select a packaging material from the Allowed packaging materials dialog box.

3. The system marks both the handling unit to be packed and the packaging material. Then choose Edit -->Pack -->Pack item.

You either receive a message from the system that the handling units are packed or you are notified that not all the items could be packed because the system reached the weight or volume limits.

If you have marked several handling units for packing, the handling units at the top of the list are packed fully first. If not all the items to be packed fit onto this handling unit, the packing process is automatically continued with the next selected handling unit.

If only a partial quantity of a delivery item is to be packed, you must enter this in the section Material to be packed or packed material for the respective item in the field Partial quantity.

The total weight of the delivery is not increased by the packing weights."

Let me know if this was useful.

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my experience, I have only been able to change the assignment of handling units to and from deliveries - not shipments.

A shipment handling unit is always assigned to a shipment, from creation until archiving. Even when a shipment hu is "deleted" it remains in table VEKP with the shipment number as the VPOBJKEY - but it has a status of deleted.

For deliveries, when you delete a handling unit, it is deleted from the table. Also, delivery HUs can be associated and disassociated from the delivery as needed - something you cannot do in shipments

I will keep watching your thread to see if anyone can answer this problem for you. I have a similar issue where a shipment HU needs to be "bumped" from one shipment and assigned to another - but I have not been able to do it. Instead, we created a custom program to "Copy" the HU and its content on the new shipment.

Good luck