cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full repair loads

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to selectively delete some data from a cube can I carry out a full repair load and what is the advantage of carrying out a full repair load? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

Full repair load is only relevant for ODS objects when you need to do a full load from a datasource which has been initialised. If you have done an Init, and then do a simple full load, the request will not activate, that's why the repair full load option works here.

For the cube also you can mark the request as repair, but in any case it will load to the cube. The only thing you need remember is that this will not do the job of removing some records and replacing them with the repaired data.

You can selectively delete from the cube, and then do a full load with the reqd selections.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can I just clarify I cannot carry out a full repair load which is loading directly to a cube? Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can, but marking it as Repair affects ODS objects...for cubes it is the same as simple full load.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. If I am marking as Full Repair for a load directly into a cube, it is the same as me carrying out a full load. Is this because there is no overwrite option or for reasons otherwise and if so does it than make sense to carry out a full repair load to a cube?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reasons for carrying out a full load to the cube is if you have selectively deleted some data, like all data for 01/2006, then you can load the data for 01/2006 as a full load to the cube.

Another commonly used reason is when loading from ODS to cube for the first time. You can do a combination of full load and an Init without data transfer for performance reasons.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, helps alot the only question than that I have is that if it is a load directly to a cube the load should be a full load not a full repair since there is no benefit of a repair in this case assuming that the load is selective to match the deletion?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

Nice post by Roberto:

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niten,

Please go through the following thread where a similar problem has been discussed.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen