Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

we need executing the interfaces in other mandatory

what parameter i need change in XI?

it's possible customizing these parameters so that the interface is independent and is not adjusted to the client to be execute?

thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain more?

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are not two different RFC destination, is the same, change the source

source RFC client 205 target XI (jdbc)

source RFC client 305 target XI (jdbc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

test configuration is same for both clients.

the channel communication are ok,

Shabarish,

i don't understand when you said i need a new program ID, doesn't it sufficient with the program ID the client one?. The program ID it's defined in R3, SM59 when i define the connection with XI, this is independent of client..no?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i doubt if you can reuse the same program ID in two different RFC destinations when communicating to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

i said you the changes I made:

1 .- I added the new client in technical system

2 .- I created a business system for this client

3 .- I added that a business system with a new communication channel, as well as new Receiver determination, interface determination, sender and receiver agreement agreement to the configuration

However when I launch the program in the new principal of R3, the 'Call function' throws the exception 1: system_failure

what am I doing wrong? or that I need to do?

Thank very much!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you configure the right destination?

also if its a RFC sender you need a new program ID etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Shabarish!

I hope this will be the last question:

if the target communication channel is not RFC, it is a file or JDBC, is not no need to create another, it would be used by the interface launched from the 2 clients, is this so?

Thank!!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thank Shabarish!

>

> I hope this will be the last question:

>

> if the target communication channel is not RFC, it is a file or JDBC, is not no need to create another, it would be used by the interface launched from the 2 clients, is this so?

>

> Thank!!

if it is not RFC/IDoc or ABAP Proxy, the change will be only in the communication channel because your folders might change or your table name might change etc

Hope its clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much,

Shabarish,

I understand that it is not possible to have the same interface running at a time on 2 different constituents, is this so?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> thank you very much,

>

> Shabarish,

>

> I understand that it is not possible to have the same interface running at a time on 2 different constituents, is this so?

if the same RFC is being called from two different client, it can obviously run independently. But for that you have to have separate configurations for both. So that means it will have a separate BS, and corresponding parameters in its communication channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to explain better

we have several interfaces on a client, some are RFC so we imported the function from R3.

now, we want testing this interfaces in other client and the questions are:

1.- what I need to change in XI interfaces operating in the new client?

2.- all interfaces have the same businness system, some want to continue running on the current client and other interfaces in a different client, what should I do?

3.- what changes should I make my interfaces to run on another client?

I hope to have explained better

thank you very much

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I will try to explain better

>

> we have several interfaces on a client, some are RFC so we imported the function from R3.

>

> now, we want testing this interfaces in other client and the questions are:

>

> 1.- what I need to change in XI interfaces operating in the new client?

> 2.- all interfaces have the same businness system, some want to continue running on the current client and other interfaces in a different client, what should I do?

> 3.- what changes should I make my interfaces to run on another client?

>

> I hope to have explained better

>

> thank you very much

note that when it is a different client, it is treated as a different business system itself in the SLD.

A technical system can contain many client but a business system is specific to a client.

So in order to have your scenario run for various clients, you should change the configuration to accommodate the new BS and also changes the parameters in the CC to point to the right client.

Its almost like configuring a new scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

1.You need to create a RFC destination in sm59 for another client.

2.You need to add the client with logical system in technical system.

3.You need to create a Business system for that client.

4.Import the Business system in integration directory.

5.Configure the scenarios what you need to change.

6.need change the RFC communication channel for the new client.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not very clear. With a guess I make, you want your PI interface with various clients? If no, please explain. If yes, for each client, there will be a separate business system. And for each business system, entire ID development has to be done. There is no way with which you have a single configuration for all the clients.

Regards,

Prateek