Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Do i need JCO Destination XI to Backend when the Systems are loadbalanced?

Hi there,

i have a problem. A company is sending data to our ECC System over our XI System.

In our consolidation System all works perfect.. no problems.. the consolidation Systems are single Instances. No load balancing or something.

I now transported the whole Scenario to our production Systems

XI Production and Backend ECC Production

Our Production ECC is loadbalanced.

Now the company gets an error when they want to connect to our Systems.

In the XI i see the following error:

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=10.2.22.93 GROUP=MF_ALL R3NAME=MFP MSSERV=sapmsMFP PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsMFP' unknown TIME Tue May 12 16:01:28 2009 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE nixxhsl.cpp LINE 776 DETAIL NiHsLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown COUNTER 1</SAP:AdditionalText>

I checked the etc/services also the SLD connection etc...

it works all fine.

In our Consolidation System there are NO JCO Destinations from our XI to our backend.

Do i need JCO Destination to our backend if the backend is loadbalanced?

Please help

Thanks

Bjoern

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question