cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Condition - Skip Access Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a pricing condition that is assigned an access sequence but for certain business areas, we want to skip over the access sequence and use a value from a custom table. Is there a way to do this with a pricing requirement on the condition in the pricing procedure?

Currently, because the access sequence is assigned to the pricing condition, even if it does not meet the requirements, it is no hitting my Condition Value code to look at the custom table.

When I remove the access sequence from the pricing condition configuration, it does hit the code. I need to be able to do both.

Thanks in advance,

Pam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pam Weiner,

If I understood your requirement you need to skip the value got it by the access sequence for a certain Business Area, well to do that you need to set in the pricing procedure for the condition type a "Condition formula for alternative calculation type" (the column next to requirement), in this routine you add the logic to obtain the value for the condition when you need to skip the value got it by the access sequence.

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marianno:

I think you understood me correctly. We already have defined a Condition formula for alternative calculation type but because the pricing condition is finding the access sequence, even with no master data records set up, it is not hitting the code in the Condition Formula to skip the access sequence and look at our custom table.

Thanks,

Pam

0 Kudos

Hi Pam Weiner,

There is something wrong in the Condition formula for alternative calculation type, because if you obtain a value on it, this will be the value of your condition, because this value overwrite the value obtained in the access sequence, but it needs to be well programmed, if not it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pam you could put a requirement on the Access Sequence (T-Code V/07) so that it will not execute under those circumstances.

Then you would also need an alternative calculation on the Condition Type in the Price Procedure to do the table lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what we have tried but it is not hitting the Alt Calc code at all. When I remove the access sequence from the condition type in configuration, it hits the code.

I appreciate all your suggestions though.

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize Pam, my response actually contradicted itself. Once it skips the access sequence it then skips the condition, along with skipping the alt. calc. etc.

To get this to work happily together there's a number of options.

You could have the access sequence be not exclusive, so when that is skipped it will move down to the next access sequence (which you'd define with less detail so it will be "true"). Only thing here is when it is not skipped, then both access sequqnces will fire.

More of an ABAP route would be do attempt most of this checking in the Price Proc Rqmt & AltCalc code. Possible have the requirement set a variable for your condition that the Alt Calc would then act upon.

This is all off the top of my head, by I know you can get it to work properly. It's not that crazy of a requirement