cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a strange issue on MSA. Our mobile system is SAP CRM 2007 SP00.

I use the the source code written below to display a simple message. The message is displayed only if the log-on language is english. No result for other languages!

I have defined an entry in "String Resource" (right mouse button clik and new). Then I have defined the message in all the languages available in the system, to be more precise English, Italian, German and French.

I have released the change list, generate all and rebuild solution.

Dim myStr As String

myStr = mCore.langServer.getString("Y_MSG", 1000)

gApplication.core.showMsgBox(myStr, ShowMsgBoxParam.smbOKOnly)

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Alberto

Edited by: Alberto Angelini on May 12, 2009 5:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Alberto

Forgot to mention another check, similarily you open the Msginfo xml files for other languages (Italian, German and French) and verify whether the newly created string resource exists or not.

If it is not present for the above languages, please follow the below steps.

1. Open the Generation settings, Go to string resources tab page.

2. Select all the above languages along with English.

3. Do perform string resource generation, as i explained in the previous reply. It would solve the issue,

Regards

shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

There is absolitely nothing wrong with the code that you have wriiten to display a string resource description message. But the problem may be in the generated metadata. Please verify the following.

Open the file called MsgInfo_EN.xml present at<<Drive>>:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSY\BOL\Apps\sfabol\MsgInfo\ .Verify the lookupid(String resource) that you have created newly. if it is not present, then Generation was not done properly. Do perform the complete string resoorce Generation (Right click on String resources node in the solution explorer, and click on Generate String resources). Prior to this, Go to Generation settings, and check the selected languages in the string resources tab page.

Please let me know your observations for this behaviour.

Best Regards

shankar