cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative item concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pp friends,

i have a scenario in which alternative items are required for selection purpose based on stock avilable ie. the alternative item which has highest stock must be selected.

Can you pl. detail me the steps how to map this scenario.

Regards

Laxmikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmikanth,

Based on the stock available the alternative items does not gets picked up automatically.

Check out this link to explore more on alternative item concept,

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmikant,

I will explain you the concept with an example.

In one FG lets take X, Y, & Z are meant to use as alternative to each other.

Enter all the componenets i.e. X,Y,Z as a component in FG BOM.

Fill up the required data i.e item category, quantity.

Now select all the three items & click on item details.

In the 'Basic data' tab page of first item i.e. X, give 'Alternative item group as 'A1'. (It can be any numeric or alfanumeric value).

The pop up will appear, enter priority as 1, strategy as 2 i.e. 100% (strictly in your case. Do not enter 1).

Usage probability anything but don't keep empty, say 50.

Now go into item details of the next componenti.e. Y, give 'Alternative item group as 'A1'. Similar to what you entered in first component.

The pop up will appear, enter priority as 2, strategy as 2 i.e. 100% (strictly in your case. Do not enter 1).

Usage probability anything but don't keep empty, say 25.

Now go into item details of the last component i.e. Z, give 'Alternative item group as 'A1'. Similar to what you entered in first component.

Repeat the entries in the pop up as in case of Y.

Save the BOM.

Now whenever the order will be created or released during the availabilty check system will check the stock.

Out of this three the component which is available more than the require quantity will be booked depending upon the priority, other two will be copied in the order with the nil quantity.

Two important things, you should have OPJK setting in place for that order type with material availability check ticked.

And second the stock of any of the component must always be more than the require quantity in the order or else system will book the compoenent as per the usage probability entered.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Edited by: SAP PP Consultant on May 13, 2009 5:37 AM