cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make invoice when down payment is bigger than item value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

please, I need make invoice with bigger down payment than the item value.

How can I make invoice when down payment clearing value is bigger than the item value ?

When I do Release To Accounting, I have got a massage:

"Total of down payment to be billed too high. See billing document item XXXXX"

Please, how can I solve this problem?

Thank you

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear peter,

I have a suggestion, hope it works, in billing put the item value and in FI there is an option for advance payment against the billing or sale order no. so adjust or post the remaining amount through FI as advance received for that billing document. so that the item value is billing and posted to Accounting and the remaining amount is treated as advance for the next billing adjust the amount in the next billing.

regards,

Sudhir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to underline that this is not a problem, but a standard, and in my opinion rightful behaviour of SAP: in a dowpayment process, when you create the invoice document, you should deduct only an amount less or equal to the invoice amount. And in the following invoices you will deduct the remaining downpayment amounts still open.

Also under al legal and fiscal point of view, I guess how would you print the invoice? With a minus value?

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Have you been able to solve this ?

Regards,

Miro M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Message as being mentioned comes from Calculation type 48 that is being assigned to AZWR condition type, which I am guessing also makes AZWR as invalid condition record in document and inturn gives error at the time of document posting also.

Remove 48 from AZWR in pricing procedure and then try it.

Not sure of the result but just a suggestion!!

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal