cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP/AE 5.3 Composite role selection and approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are currently considering our options to use composite roles, there are two open questions.

1) When selecting roles, ist there a way for composite roles to show the transaction codes of the contained roles like it is possible for single roles?

2) For role approval, is it possible instead of having one approver for the composite role, to approve each role contained in the composite role individually by different approvers ?

Thanks and best regards,

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela

1) When you select one composite role then you can't see all tcodes for the contained roles in one place. But you can see all roles assinged to the composite role and from there you can see tcodes for individual child roles.

- When you import composite role in AE/CUP only transactions of single roles are imported.

To see the all tcodes for the contained roles (Composite Role) in one place go to configuration tabRolesSearch role (search composite role) you find all the Tcodes (tcodes of all single roles) in transaction code tab.

But when you go for provisioning with same role (Composite role) at that time you find all single roles plus composite role as well in SU01.

2) I am not sure about this point 100%. But I hope the role approver for a composite role will be one but the child roles may have different approver.

- This is not possible in AE/CUP, When you import composite role into AE/CUP only the transactions are imported not the single role definition and descriptions.

Instead of using composite role you can use User mapping this option is better for you , @Sudip and Daniela please let me know if need more help on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

Edited by: Jagat Bir Singh on May 13, 2009 8:11 AM

Edited by: Jagat Bir Singh on May 13, 2009 9:10 AM

Edited by: Jagat Bir Singh on May 13, 2009 9:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela

To answer you questions,

1) When you select one composite role then you can't see all tcodes for the contained roles in one place. But you can see all roles assinged to the composite role and from there you can see tcodes for individual child roles.

2) I am not sure about this point 100%. But I hope the role approver for a composite role will be one but the child roles may have different approver.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) Instead of using composite roles I think you can create a dummy role and then map roles to it with different approvers.

CUP>>Configuration>>Roles>>Role mapping