cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am trying to connect to application servers with the Java Connector. I works fine for one application server and it DOESN'T work for the other one. I always get this error:

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE

sometimes they say:

"Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter"

and other times (with the same code) they say:

"User not authorized. Session terminated"

I have the right name and password.

The user have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW. It is also the same (a copy) user as the one I am using to connect in the other application server.

Why does sometime it seems to connect but has no authorization and other times it just cannot connect!?

Any ideas to make this work?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am not sure but probably it may be an error due to casechange.

just check the case of the login name and password.

WAS7 onwards the login and password are case sensitive while in earlier versions the login and password are automatically converted to uppercase by the system.

regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona

for RFC purposes we need to use a User defined as type "Communication". The user with which u can log into GUI is of type "Dialog". The user of type communication cannot log into GUI.. Please create another user is TCode SU01 and assign its type as communication. then use it in the RFC code.. and ofcourse a username "BCUSER" is treated different then "bcuser" for RFC specially with JCo.. this being a Java code.........

cheers

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

_

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that this question should be included in the FAQ if it hasnt been yet.

This the problem many face.

One has to convert the name to uppercase before passing it to the R/3.

It works fine with English language but in case of Foreign language, unicode conversion might cause problem in Japanese.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is crazy!

My other server was not case sensitive and this one is!? The same version is installed on both of them!

Anyway it works now! I put the username and password in uppercase... I didn't try that earlier because the other one was working in lowercase.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

How did you solve the issue?

I am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Anumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good Question

What i would suggest to go through the below details and check out with your error.

Purpose

SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a middleware component that enables the development of SAP-compatible components and applications in Java. SAP JCo supports communication with the SAP Server in both directions: inbound calls (Java calls ABAP) and outbound calls (ABAP calls Java).

SAP JCo can be implemented with Desktop applications and with Web server applications.

SAP JCo is used as an integrated component in the following applications:

· SAP Business Connector, for communication with external Java applications

· SAP Web Application Server, for connecting the integrated J2EE server with the ABAP environment.

SAP JCo can also be implemented as a standalone component, for example to establish communication with the SAP system for individual online (web) applications.

Implementation

SAP provides SAP Java Connector in a number of different versions:

· as a standalone software component that can be installed independently of the SAP system. You can access the installation files at service.sap.com/connectors.

SAP JCo Functions

The SAP JCo offers the following functions for creating SAP-capable Java applications:

· RFC middleware based on the JNI (Java Native Interface).

· Support of SAP (R/3) systems of release 3.1H and later, and other mySAP components that have BAPIs or RFMs (Remote Function Modules).

· Execution of function calls inbound (Java client calls BAPI or RFM) and outbound (ABAP calls Java Server).

· With the SAP JCo, you can use synchronous, transactional, and queued RFC.

· Connection pooling (important for Web servers)

· SAP JCo can be used on different platforms

· Extensive code page handling, including multi-byte languages.

======================

go through this link also it might help you out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/42e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanks

mrutyun