cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Calling Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are experiencing an issue with (RFC_READ_TABLE )RFCs.

We are on MII version 11.5 build(15)

and calling an R/3 ECC 6.0 system.

We are executing RFC Function Module RFC_READ_TABLE in SAP and we are getting the output values (table details ) if we give the input (table name).

The same when we are calling from Jco block...and passing the Input parameter as table name , i am getting the conncetion error Jco Block end action failed.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,

Shanmugam k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Change the Input parameter table name to xml in transaction property if you are using string.

Also click on Assign Xml in link editor instead Assign value.

That may solve your problem.

Regards,

Padma

Edited by: Rao on May 13, 2009 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u able to use the Get List button?

Are u using JCO start Session,JCO function , JCO end session.?? All three?

Also can you once clear cache using this URL

http://localhost/Lighthammer/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using version 11.5 and SAPJCO Interface action block alone am using...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured all the properties which you mentioned in the doc .When i am try to call RFC_READ_TABLE its giving error But other than this RFC Everything is working fine.

Regards,

Shanmugam k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

Is SAP Server defined? Check SAP Status!

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

From SAP side Everything is working fine.only from MII this RFC_READ_TABLE giving error.

Regards,

Shanmugam k

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanmugan,

Please save the Request segment from your JCo action block (use a tracer) and post it here. There are any number of things that could be causing the problem.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

This is the tracer output.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><RFC_READ_TABLE><INPUT><DELIMITER>SPACE</DELIMITER><NO_DATA>SPACE</NO_DATA><QUERY_TABLE>T00W1</QUERY_TABLE><ROWCOUNT>0</ROWCOUNT><ROWSKIPS>0</ROWSKIPS></INPUT><TABLES><DATA><item><WA/></item></DATA><FIELDS><item><FIELDNAME/><OFFSET/><LENGTH/><TYPE/><FIELDTEXT/></item></FIELDS><OPTIONS><item><TEXT/></item></OPTIONS></TABLES></RFC_READ_TABLE>

Regards,

Shanmugam k

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanmugan,

You have identified no fields to retrieve and your Rowcount is 0. Please identify one or two fields and set your rowcount to 20 and rerun.

Do a search on RFC_READ_TABLE for this year (not the default 90 day window) in this forum. There are several good posts on the use of this RFC.

Regards,

Mike

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have done all the steps as explained in this document:

[1234 Extracting Values of a Field from a Database Table in SAP ECC System Using MII |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30cb2b39-b7ad-2b10-6c94-9d9facc61ec1]

Thanks,

Dipankar