cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy - Copy Master Data but not Transactional data!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to copy a client with only customizing and master data, not transactional! I know that there are third party products to to this .. but can't I do it with standard tools?

I think that no profile for client copy exists because all tables (Master data and transactional data) belong to the same delivery class A, so on first look there is not way to distinguish between master data and transactional data... But if you look in some master data table technical settings, you can see that master data, customizing and transactional data para separated by Data Class. So there is no way to copy a client based on all data class tables except APPL1?

I'm thinking in get a full list of all tables except the ones belonging to APPl1 and do a client copy with this chosen tables... anyone tried this?

Please feedback on you expirience.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, that's why forums exists to share experiences and alternative ways to do stuff.

I'll try to do a client copy based on SAP_CUST and them import a change request with all table content of tables that belong to APPL0, excluding APPL1 this way. To do this I'll create a Batch input or a ecatt based on a selection of TABART and using a transport copy.

Any comments how this may doesn't work?

Edited by: Luis R. Pereira on May 12, 2009 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

uing witch profile ?? I can't find a suitable one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about SAP_CUST or SAP_UCUS ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sound like SAP_CUST is the closest to achieve what you're looking for.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Cust is closer but not the solution.

Let me explain the business cenário, a company has bought by another, and they want to create a new client with the new company rules.. Imagine if I could just copy all customizing and master data and change only what I need ... simply hey Well I can use ALE, but it doesn't copy all info, some fields missing in IDOCS.

There should be a way, because there are some market products that adress this issue. Specially for QAS refresh of large systems... there is no need of TBs of transactional data...

Regards

Edited by: Luis R. Pereira on May 12, 2009 4:13 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sound like the standard client copy profiles on their own won't help you then...

because there are some market products that adress this issue

That's why this third party products exist... simply because the standard profile cover 90% of cases but theres always scenarios like yours that require special treatment.

Regards

Juan