cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Important Performance Metrics OF XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

Please do give me some documents on Performance Metrics regarding file transfer from sap to XI,Message payload of XI, database integration.Scenarios is transfer of 100MB of data . please send me all the documents related to it which gives detailed explaination of metrics .i will appreciate and reward accordingly .

Perfomance ststistics is the prime objective of this post where data size exceeds 100MB.

please do replyasap

with regards

subrato kundu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I don't think so, is there any documents available on this.

But Performance of File Adapter depends on many parameters-

Yes, depends on many parameters-

1) Memory - Sizing of hardware

2) Logic used to process the file ( for eg. write a script which will split the file etc)

3) If multiple files at a time having huge volume of data, you can go with EOIO method

But we have processed up to 10MB files without any problems. I took around couple of seconds

Some links-

Hope this helps~

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrato,

Just adding on to what mty has written.

Apart from the hardware factor, the most important thing is the way in which u design ur interface.

I just read this blog from Alessendro today which u might find useful if you are processing such huge data files.

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrato,

I dont think there is any document available for performance metrics of XI. Everybody comments depending on their experience in the projects.

We have tried posting file of 120 MB, it took some hrs but it posted the data. There are lots of issues on which the performance is dependant so difficult to comment without knowing the exact scenarios and complexity involved into it.

Thanks,

Prateek