cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods determination....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am using free goods senario (vbn1). free goods is being determined according to incoterms. if incoterm is exw, 'material a' will be given with 'material b' as free good. if incoterm is fca, no free goods will be given. if i enter (or change) incoterms after entering material, condition for free goods is not being determined.

for ex: firstly incoterm is fca. after entering "material b", no free goods will be determined(it is true according to my free goods determination condition). when changing incoterm from fca to exw, free goods must be determined according to my senario. but the system is not redetermining free goods for an existing item in standart. is there an exit to redetermine free goods condition?

(like " MV45AFZB - FORM userexit_new_pricing_vbkd CHANGING new_pricing " for pricing)

Edited by: sd sd on May 12, 2009 2:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of going with user exit maintain a key combination of Customer / Incoterms (1+2 ) and maintain the free goods condition record VBN1 . Then maintain the condition record only for KUNNR / EXW .Then only the customers with incoterms EXW will be getting the free-goods then your requirement can be fulfilled

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

incoterms for a customer is not obvious. i cannot define it in customer master. it is changing order to order for a certain customer.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't want to assign Inco terms in CMR then with the help of Technical consultant create a new sub-routine and include your requirement in the sub-routine with the help of technical consultant. and assign that sub-routine in the free goods access sequence then system will check wheather your requirement is being fulfilled or not and then free goods will be working

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you misunderstood my problem.

i defined a condition like this:

if incoterms is exw, determine "material a" as free goods when entering "material b".

problem is:

while opening sales order, i am choosing customer. there is no default incoterms for the customer so incoterms field is initial for the sales order. if i first enter 'exw' in incoterms field, then "material b" in material field, there is no problem ("material a" is being determined automatically). but if i first enter "material b" in the material field, and then fill incoterms field system does not find 'material a'.

(it is normal. because when i enter "material b", system reads the conditions. at this time, incoterms field is initial. because free goods condition is not fulfilled, "material a" is not determined)

after filling incoterms field, system must be triggered to read free goods conditions again. i am asking an exit to trigger the system.

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also looking for a similiar information for one of my project requirements. If your issue has been resolved, please share how you resolved it finally

Thanks a lot and sorry for intruding into this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

i solved my problem by using pop-up function. after entering customer, a pop-up window is opening that is asking incoterms (mandatory). and no chance to enter material before incoterms.

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

In fact in our case we have added a new Z field at item level and defined free goods condition record based on this field. The free goods is determined correctly in the order using the condition record. But free goods redetermination doesn't occur when we change this field in the order. We have finally resolved it as below :

In the include FV45PF0N_NATRAB_SELECTION there is a logic to check if any of the following fields are changed then only system will do the free goods redetermination.

They are Order qty, UoM, Pricing Date and Material in the item. If any Z field is appended in table VBAP then that field also needed to be added here. Then the free goods redetermination happens whenever this Z field is changed in the order.

Regards,

Palani