cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_04 extractor delivers no delta records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help!

We have applied new plug-ins on the R/3 side. Instead of clearing the RSA7 delta queue down by running double pulls into BW, someone deleted all the RSA7 queues entirely!

We have been able to re-initialize all other LO cockpit extractors ok. The 0FI_GL_04 extractor however continues to deliver zero records each day???

I have verified we still have an entry in the table TPS31 as per the help.

Full and Init modes work fine and deliver data. Just the delta is broke.

Please help with any suggestions!

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I set the BWFIOVERLA equal to 'X' yesterday and today we say no records in BWFI_AEDAT; however, when we pulled a delta load we got 63 records. Still questions...but it works. Thanks, Peggy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good.

If I am not mistaken the table BW_AEDAT will contain only those records that have changed since the last load.Not the new ones. You might want to check whether the records that came into BW were new ones or changed ones.

Cheers

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

All 63 documents have a created on date of 4/12/06. That was the day we did the Initialize of the delta. The document date & Posting date fields on the records range from 4/12/06 -> 4/27/06.

Peggy

P.s I won't forget to assign big points for all your help!! Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats the reason why you don't have any entries in BW_AEDAT. Just to be sure, you could try changing one of these docs and see if an entry appears in AEDAT.

Cheers

Anand

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

The BWFI_AEDAT table has 0 entries. I am suspicious that it is related to the plug-in change, because we only had this happen one other time, when another environment had the RSA7 queues deleted by accident as well. I have a feeling it is directly related to that action. But I don't know how to get the extractor to start recording changes again??

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

How about the GL Transaction data? Are you getting the delta?Did you check BWFI_AEDA2?

I had a situation where there was no delta coming into BWFI_AEDA2. I had to regenerate some GL Structures using program RGZZGLUX. I referred to notes:619454 last section and also 656431. I am not sure whether it is pertinent in your case but you might want to check these notes out.

Cheers

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Currently we are only using the FI_GL_04 extractor and not any of the new enhancements. The delta should be captured in the BWFI_AEDAT table. This table is empty and even waiting the safety delta time period, no new delta's are appearing in this table. When I use the RSA3 extractor checker, the Full load works, the init and delta fail with this error message:

Could not determine BW release of logical system ??

Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get this message in R/3 or in BW?

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R/3 when I used the extractor checker (RSA3).

Thanks! Peg

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be a normal error with the RSA3 Transaction when used for Delta checking. In fact I get the same error too though my INIT and DELTA are working perfectly fine.So the issue is probably not there.The issue is why the table 0BWFI_AEDAT is not getting updated...

Did you try changing the entry BWFIOVERLA to X in the table BWOM_SETTINGS table?

Rgds

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see what you are saying about RSA3.

I just changed the BWFIOVERLAY = X. Do I have to wait for 1 day safety delta?

Thanks, Peg

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. You don't have to. Try creating a new doc and check if the table 0BWFIAEDAT gets updated.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

The foll are the settings in my settings table. FYI

BWFILOWLIM 19910101

BWFIOVERLA X

BWFISAFETY 1

BWFITIMBOR 020000

DELTIMEST 60

OBJSELSICO X

ORGSYSONLY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

For details check

www.service.sap.com/BI - BIInfoindex-extraction-line item level extraction (FI/CO)

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

You are saying that the table 0BWOM2_TIMEST has entries for INIT and DELT

The NEXT step would be to check the table 0BWFI_AEDAT. Does it have any entries? This table should have details of all the changed GL documents. If it does and the delta is not flowing into BW then it could be due to the safety time limit. You can extract again the next day and see if the data flows into BW.If it doesn't then there is some other issue with your R/3 data updation controlled by the plugin.

If you want to have mutiple deltas on the same day, you will have to set the parameter BWFIOVERLA to X.

Cheers

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your settings in BWOM_SETTINGS. The field BWFISAFETY of this table determines the saftey interval for delta. In SAP help it says that this value can not be smaller than 1.

Also see the FI line item extraction documentation on help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes the table has 2 entries, one for S where we did the init with no data (to get the RSA7queue back) and the D record from my delta with no records.

What would you expect?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

Check for time stamps in Table BWOM2_TIMEST if it shows anything delta under column "UPD"

-Doodle