cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM : selection of roles listed in multiple pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In ERM, we cannot select roles more than what all are shown at current page (for say export or mass maintenance)...Is this a limitation of the product or any configuration setting is possible to address this.

Thanks

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Can you please brief a bit what do you exactly mean when you say - " what all are shown at current page (for say export or mass maintenance)...". Is it that you are not getting all the fields displayed for an authorization object when you do a mass maintenance?

If this is the case then that is a bug, which was confirmed by SAP too, when I had raised an OSS ticket confirming the same to them.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh

Thanks for a prompt update.

Let me explain it a bit more....Suppose I search all the roles in ERM(say 1000 roles)....now i need to export all of them...I select all the roles in Page 1...move to next page....and so on...but when I move to previous page...the roles selected earlier get de-selected...

Similar is the case if I try to mass maintain...Mass maintenance>update>List roles

I am not able to select all 1000 roles in one go...

Is this the specific known bug as you are saying.....

Thanks

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I hope I understand your question and the solution is,

Suppose you want to do Mass Maintenance in ERM and you are searching roles on your specific criteria. Now the system given output of 100 roles. But the current page is showing only 8 rows per page. You want to see all 100 rows in this single page.

In the buttom of the nevigation screen you can see Rows per page . Here it is showing 8.

But Total Number of Records is 100 showing. Just replace 8 with 100 in the Rows per page and press the tab key. It will show you all 100 rows in this current page 100%.

Your problem will be resolve by doing this exercise.

Regards,

Sudip.

Edited by: Sudip Saha on May 12, 2009 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Reading your reply, I can say the Bug is not for what problem you are currently facing. Probably the answer to your problem will get solved by Sudip's reply.

The bug was for role maintenence. that is, when you try to maintain a role and update the objects.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Sudip!!!

That was really great answer....Still when your entries are more than 1000 i.e. spanning across more than 1 page...you will have to export page by page...

Still you have reduced our pain to some extent...

Thanks

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Your problem is resolved right? This is not a bug, the system is designed like this.

Maximum you can extend upto 999 for Rows per page which is better then 8 rows per page.

Thanks,

Sudip..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

This is the current design...you may raise an enhancement request for this though.

One alternative can be to increase the number of rows per page.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG