Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good day! Do anyone knows how to add a label with icon on the Screen 1000 (default screen)? I've tried to add the label with icon but when the time do my transport from Dev to QA system, the label and icon disappeared.

Anyone has any idea?

Many thanks,

Patrick

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you add it? On the application toolbar? Did you add it in your PF-STATUS in SE41? May be your menu status is not transported. How did you put it in the selection screen 1000? Using the function module?

Please give some more details.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I add a label in selection screen block of screen 1000, using se51 of layout button on the application toolbar.

regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Thread..

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Selection screen 1000 is dynamically generated each time it is activated and compiled. You should not change it using SE51. Anything you want to achieve, you should do it in your SELECTION-SCREEN definition or add a button in the menu.

Are you sure you used SE51, because that is for screen modification, not adding buttons to the application toolbar?

What is the requirement? Do you want to add a pushbutton to the application toolbar(where you also see the execute button) and do something if that is pressed or do you want to just display an icon and some text and do nothing on the selection screen(where the parameters and select-options show up, as opposed to application toolbar)?

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Yeah, I just want to display an icon and some text and do nothing on the selection screen(where the parameters and select-options show up, as opposed to application toolbar).

Yupe, I changed it at se51 although i know that screen 100 is dynamically generated each time activation.

Apparently, I've created SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT to display some text instruction on the selection screen. The thing is, I am not sure how to add an icon right beside my text instruction.

Please advice.

Thanks and regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I see that you have closed the thread. So what was the solution? As far as I know, putting an icon on the selection screen may not be possible.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Yeah, we can insert icon and text in a selection-screen.

Here are some coding:

REPORT abc001...

SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF LINE.

SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT 1(79) text-p01 MODIF ID sc1.

SELECTION-SCREEN END OF LINE.

set 'text-p01' with "@0S@Your text...." in text symbol.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT.

LOOP AT SCREEN.

IF screen-group1 = 'SC1'.

screen-intensified = '1'. "to highlight your text.

MODIFY SCREEN.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

Well, today we've learnt a new stuff.

Cheers,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Excellent Patrick. Thank you for sharing it. I didn't know that putting the Icon's binary value in text-symbol will replace it with the icon.

Undocumented feature or is it there somewhere in the help?

Thanks again for that wonderful tip.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Those info are from forum and some documentation findings from the SAP official website (help.sap.com). 😃

Cheers,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Yes, I just found it by following Vijay's link. So I guess Vijay deserves the full points here for pointing in the right direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You can add the icon values in the report text. Each and every icon has an internal value. Which will be something like @u1@, @AM@ etc .

Just add this 3 characters in the report text you create on the selection screen.

To find the details of the internal icons. Use the std report SHOWICON.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

VJ