Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid from scratch with ECS ?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi....Christophe )

Case without SC with bid invitation from scratch :

If scenario is ECS and if i complete the PO in SRM, will the system copy the po to R/3 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

congratulations for your first question !!!

Here is an extract of online doc:

In the case of bid invitations that are created manually, purchase orders are local only (product category is not relevant). In the case of direct material purchase orders, a copy (that cannot be changed) is created in the backend. Whether or not it concerns direct material needs to be stated in the item details in the bid invitation. You must specify the goods recipient and purchasing group. Also:

- Outline levels can be displayed in a local purchase order

- Bid invitation texts, bid texts, and documents are transferred to the purchase order (however not internal notes).

So no ECS seams possible, but I guess that using some BADI, we could emulate this scenario (changing subtype, backend system, backend data, etc...).

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

This first question was to celebrate the new SRN SDN number one )

Do you think that ECS is not possible in this case cause the scenario was already determined at a step before bid invitation ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yann,

But I will keep an eye back waiting for Vadim's reaction...

For ECS: ECS is determined when adding an item in a SC, but also when creating a manual PO (that's why we have a special BADI to control ECS for manual PO).

But in that cases, we have programs than handle this scenario (ECS customizing point and BADIs are used) and populate the data accordingly, before sending everything to Procdoc functions.

In our case (PO created from a BID without SC), we are too close to BBP_PD_PO_CREATE; and the same logic has not been implemented in BBP_QUOTE_PO_CREATE (no use of ECS customizing point and BADIs)...

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the clarifications )

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

I have been reading many of your answers regarding this requirment.On our side, we want to create PO from a local Bid Invitation in Classic scenario. As far as I understand this is not possible through normal configurations and all.In the thread below, you have said something about EMULATING thsi case. Do we have any luck on this yet ? Please let me know if we can do some Z development on R/3 as well as SRM to achieve the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nilesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know which badi i have to use to emulate ECS for bid invitation created from scratch (without SC) ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (0)