cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change System message M3 439 Specify reorder point for reorder point planin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

When setting the MRP type V1 - manual reorder point planning the system expects you to put in a reorder point value. If you don't then the system gives message M3439. "Specify reorder point for reorder point planning". You cannot ignore this message and it will not allow you to proceed until you enter the reorder point value.

My client has asked if this message can be changed to a warning. In transaction OMT4 this message does not exist and will not allow me to enter. I have therefore entered the message through SE16N and changed to a warning but it does not make any difference, the message still appears and will not let you proceed until reorder point value is populated.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change this type of message?

Many thanks

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Watson,

There is no meaning to go for manual reorder point planning if you do not enter the value , therefore the system throws an error .

It is hardcoded in standard SAP program and may be possible to change through access key but not advisable .

Ask your client to go for No Planning ND if he doesn't require the same .

Regards

Ramesh Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I didn't think it made much sense either but it because they want to put it in a later date...

Thanks for your feedback.

This has answered my question.

Regards

Sue

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that it is not recommended to change that error message to warning. But I found something strange about it. I can also not get any message with M3 439 if I am searching it manually or by using position. But if I click on F4 on message number in T-Code OMT4, I could easily locate M3 439 message. And if I am double clicking on that then it is not getting selected. May be as it is standard message, we cannot change it.

Thnx.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is hardcoded in programm MM03MI01_MARC_DISMM_MINBE

IF T438A-DISVF = DISVFB AND MARC-MINBE = 0.

IF T438A-KZMEB NE SPACE. "ch/5.5.95 s.o.

MESSAGE W777. "

ELSE. "

MESSAGE E439.

ENDIF. "

ENDIF.

You can find the program if you go SE91 enter message class M3 and message number 439 and click where used button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen for the information. I also thought same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check it in OMCQ.

then change the message from Warning to Error.

Regards,

Raman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible as it does not make sense.

you cannot do reorder point planning without giving a reorderpoint. you cannot swim without water.

Change the MRP type instead to an approriate type.