cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greek encoding Internet Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing problems when using Internet Sales with Greek Encoding.

We have CRM/ISA 3.1 SP11. We have some Greek customers which have some greek characters in their name, but which

are logging on in English. Now, to show these greek characters correct in my browser, I must use the right mouse button and select Greek Encoding. This way, the customer's name is shown correctly in Greek characters.

Now, when we then press a button, or take some action, this Greek encoding is lost and we have to use the right mouse button again to show the customer's name correctly again.

Now I have found a way which I can use to get rid of this right mouse button action.

At the end of the JSP, I'm executing the following statement. And then it looks ok, but ofcourse now it is always presented in greek encoding also for belgian customers.

response.setContentType("text/html;charset=windows-1253");

So, I need to have a test which I can use in a lot of JSP's to check whether I should use this statement.

Anyone any suggestion of how I can solve this???

Regards,

Peter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Are you also displaying the text in the jsp pages in Greek for greek customers and for Belgium customers in Belgian?

ISA recognizes a URL parameter called language which renders the contents of jsp pages in the language passed as value to this parameter. You can then use this parameter value to set the response type to the charset you want.

Eg. let the URL to shop be

http://mycompany.com:50000/b2b/b2b/init.do?language=EN

in the jsp where you have to set

response.setContentType("text/html;charset=windows-1253");

do a check to check the value of the language parameter.

I think this is saved in the usersessiondata object but am not sure. if not you can always do that at loginaction

This is the easier way. There are other possibilities( using locale for example) but since its only the name thats a problem probably you would like to keep it simple.

Thx,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat,

This is indeed what I would like to do.

The only thing is that this language parameter is only send in the first URL and afterwards it is not in the URL anymore. Do you know a way of how to save and/or retrieve this language parameter in JSP pages?

Thanks,

Peter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can also use another way to test the language. When I log on to our B2B application, I select the language. This is indeed passed as a parameter in the URL (but only the first URL I think).

But you are also using the ISA Resource properties file for the language you selected. (ISA:translate key="b2b.order.display.pagetitle").

I can create a new key in the Greek resource file and test on this key to see whether I should set the content type to Greek.

But, I don't know how I should test this in JSP.

And, Does this looks like a good solution?

Regards,

Peter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

The approach you wrote of is also fine. Here is more elaboration on the language parameter approach.

The language parameter is indeed passed only on the first URL, but you can check the initAction to see where this is saved. I feel this could already be saved in UserSessionData object so that you can use it later on.

If not, you can always write you own custom InitAction extending the default InitAction and save the language parameter in UserSessionData object for later use.

Thx,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I will have a look at this solution.

But, do you know how I can test in JSP on the value of these isa:translate keys?

This would be a very easy solution to implement.

Thanks and regards,

Peter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

<isa:translate ... will return you the text corresponding to the key entry in the ISAResource_gk.properties file. Then you will have to write a java scriptlet code to compare the returned string against the entry you make for the key in the resource properties file.

This amounts to hard coding. Doesn't look that attractive a solution.

Thx,

Bharat.