cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Document Management - Check In of documents question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with Easy DM 6.00, SP12 and I have one specific request from my customer. My customer still doesn't have content server implemented, and he would like to learn and use Easy DM. Since it is not a good idea to check in large quantities of documents to DMS_C1_st storage location, we were thinking about one slightly different solution.

We would like to set up Easy DM to work in the following way: When "drag-and-drop" function is used, we don't want to check in document. We just want to create a link to the original file on local computer (in our client's case to their shared folders).

Is it possible to change some settings, so that this happens automatically when creating a new document through Easy DM?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Karlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karlo Smojver

I agree with Athol.We have ustilized destop server for Testing purpose in developement environment ( Sandbox, Developement, Quality servers ).This solution is cost Effective.And finally Special High End server for Production.Thats the best way.Many clients dont invest s high end servers for developement environment.

With Regards.

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there are any standard settings for this with drag and drop unfortunately. For development, the sap database should be fine for testing, we have done this with a fairly large amount of documents but you can delete these afterwards. Alternatively, install the sap server on a normal desktop with windows server running. It doesn't need to be a high powered server for testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer Athol.

The problem is that my client doesn't want just to use it for testing purposes. He wants to use it for some time until he implements content server.

Since they are working with CAD drawings, their files can be fairly big, and their SAP database could be full of documents in a very short time - which would have for consequence slowing down the SAP system.

So, we need to turn on this functionality somehow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest they go for a very low spec content server then, or start with the database and migrate it to a content server when storage becomes an issue.

You could put in place an ABAP that automatically checks out the file to a server location in the background after the file is created. The problem however with this type of setup is there is no way to prove the file hasn't been changed on the server so you lose your auditability and data integrity if you are audited.