cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication issue btw applications on SAP J2EE Engine6.20 & Websphere 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customized SAP IPC application running on SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 and it is communicating with another application called Common Configurator or C2 running on WebSphere 4.0.5.

Communication between customized SAP IPC application and C2 application is over RMI IIOP. SAP IPC application calls methods on stateless session beans in C2 application.

Going forward, we want to connect to C2 running on Websphere 6.0 from this customized SAP IPC.

When I am trying to connect to C2 on Websphere 6.0 I am getting the following

exception :

org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: minor code: 0 completed: No

at org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextHelper.narrow(NamingContextHelper.java:48)

at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.setOrbAndRootContext(CNCtx.java:278)

at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.initUsingUrl(CNCtx.java:251)

at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.initOrbAndRootContext(CNCtx.java:188)

at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.<init>(CNCtx.java:68)

at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory.getInitialContext(CNCtxFactory.java:30)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:660)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:241)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:217)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:193)

But the same setup is working fine for SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 and Websphere 4.0.5.

Has anybody faced similar issue before ?

Could anyone tell me what could be the possible reasons and how can I preceed on this.

Additionally,

SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 uses ORB implementation of the Sun JDK (1.3). And Websphere 6.0 is based on JDK 1.4 version.

Thanks in advance.

Harman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what class org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM all about :

<i>Exception thrown when a parameter passed to a call is out of range or otherwise considered illegal. An ORB may raise this exception if null values or null pointers are passed to an operation (for language mappings where the concept of a null pointers or null values applies). BAD_PARAM can also be raised as a result of a client generating requests with incorrect parameters using the DII.

It contains a minor code, which gives more detailed information about what caused the exception, and a completion status. It may also contain a string describing the exception.</i>

<b>And Websphere 6.0 is based on JDK 1.4 version.</b> The JDK of websphere is an IBM implementation and differs a lot from the sun implementation. As well, WAS6.0 supports J2EE 1.4 also...may be you should check the release notes / documentation of WAS for compatibility issues if any.

Regards,

Amol