cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP.NET integration in Portal and/or WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

regarding SAP technologies I have a quite broad understanding, but it is not really clear to me what options there are for integrating .NET based applications or parts of them to the SAP world.

As far as I know there is/was a PDK for .NET integration. Is this still supported for NW 7.0/7.1?

If not, what are the options to include ASP .NET pages into a portal page/iView or into a WebDynpro component?

What happend to the portal .NET framework?

Is the integration only possible on Java side or is there a chance to integrate to ABAP WebDynpro, too?

Are there any integration possibilities to Guided Procedures or BPM?

Thanks for any hints,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you want to build entire portal in .NET or publish some .NET pages in portal,

in first case you have to use pdk , in second case you can use .net connector supplied by SAP , develop and publish your app and give link in iview of portal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

One question in addition: is it possible to just include some ASP.NET page in an iView by referring to the right URLs?

Thanks,

Michael

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Yes, you can create an URL iView based on your ASP .NET page BUT when you develop portal applications using PDK for .NET, you are taking advantage of portal built-in services and mechanisms such as single sign-on, user management, role-based security, object-based navigation and system landscape, which you can access with the API provided by PDK for .NET, as well as SAP NetWeaver .NET controls, which automatically acquire the uniform portal look and feel.

Best Regards,

Rima.

P.S: If it answers your questions, please mark the thread as answered. Thanks.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I would like to answer you questions regarding PDK for .NET:

1. PDK 2.5 for .NET Hotfix 1 and above supports NW 7.0

2. There is no Portal version for NW 7.1 therefore there is no Portal Runtime for .NET version for NW 7.1

3. All PDK for .NET related content could be downloaded from [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet?rid=/webcontent/uuid/40be5378-bfa9-2b10-399b-ba5719c0b5b8] [original link is broken];

Hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Rima.