Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation restrictions on Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Within our organisation there is a request to restrict user access to certain views of the customer master. For example : one group of users are able to create/maintain address and control information, and another group of users are only allowed to maintain the marketing view for example.

I have tried using field groups by assigning fields of certain views to the field groups and then creating a new role and assigning the field group value to object F_KNA1_AEN. I have to say this has not been very successful.

Any ideas?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. By the way we are using version 4.6c.

Thank you

Melanie

3 REPLIES 3

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

Scenario-

I have faced similar issue as you. Our requirement was to give authorize marketing department to only extend the customer master but authority to create customer must be with Finance department.

Solution-

I have given Authorisation of XD01 to Marketing department and deactivated General data and company code data form the authorisation object.

Result-

Unless customer number exists marketing department cannot do anything with customer master (cannot extend the customer) and only finance dept has created General and company code data Marketing dept will be allowed to extend the customer master.

I hope it helps.

Note: We are currently using ECC 6.0

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is difficult to pin point the auth object where the restriction needs to be imposed. Address data may be related to p_orgin also. But to be sure regarding the auth object

1. Take a Trace report via ST01.

2. Identify the auth objects.

3. Impose restriction on those.

4. Also check in su24 the auth objects related to the txn.

Check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

> Check and let us know if any issue.

I think the main issue here is that the question is already two months old. I hope OP has found a solution in the meantime....